3 Months of Slow Internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tucker73g
New Poster

3 Months of Slow Internet

I have gone through phone diagnosis so many times I've lost count. Finally they sent a Tech out and he tweaked the system. That lasted for a couple days until it went back to running at .3 - 1. Mbit download speeds. Here is the link to testmynet results http://testmy.net/quickstats/tucker77g

I hope someone can figure out what is going on? They are going to send a Tech back out but are going to charge me $150 for the service call.

Thanks. Tom

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Do you know what beam you're on? There seems to be an issue with Beam 68 at the moment, so if you're on it, that may explain things. 

Remy

tucker73g,

Thanks for reaching out! We'd love to take a look into this for you, but I was unable to locate the account connected to your Community profile. Please send a private message to the link provided below, with your account number or a phone number attached!

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/102584

Thanks,

Remy

Remy, My system is so slow I can not answer your private email. I had trouble logging into Hughesnet. My desktop is also slow. I can not stream a movie without it continuing to stop. If you look at my latest testme results you will see that it is still running in the ditch. Thanks Tom

It is really confusing, if you look at the test results from testmy I get 30 Mbit download between 1AM and 7AM and then started dropping off. Before that it was .3, .5, 1.5 Mbits and the latest at 11AM was 5.04 Mbits. In the evening I can not stream anything, I can't even connect to the services.
tucker73g
New Poster

Thanks for all the help I have received but after my last contact when the Tech came out and replaced the modem I was told that it was functioning correctly as it was showing down load speeds of 13 Mbits using Google speed test. When I ran the download test on testmy.net I received download speeds of .3 and .5 Mbits. Later I had two download tests back to back at 22 Mbits. Since then it has been running between .3 and 5 Mbits over the last 8 hours.

For a while I had no internet. It finally came back but it is still running slow.

It is really confusing, if you look at the test results from testmy I get 30 Mbit download between 1AM and 7AM and then started dropping off. Before that it was .3, .5, 1.5 Mbits and the latest at 11AM was 5.04 Mbits. In the evening I can not stream anything, I can't even connect to the services.