Hughesnet Community

AOL is blocking E-mail from Hughesnet addresses -

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terry3199

AOL is blocking E-mail from Hughesnet addresses -

There used to be a section in support where we could just list the e-mail addresses that we were blocked from sending to, but I cannot find it.  Going to customer support, no one seems to know what I am talking about.  I am currently blocked by AOL - is anyone else experiencing this?  Where do I list this so the block which AOL has placed against Hughesnet can be removed?  And NO, I am not interested in spoofing my  modem so AOL will not know I am with Hughes!  I don't want to SNEAK in, I want the block removed!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda

Hello All,

I've received an update. Our e-mail support team was able to send an email to a test AOL account using a hughes.net e-mail account. They reported there was no issues sending to AOL. The header that was provided to us by Terry indicates there was an individual block placed on that e-mail address. If the person you are trying to e-mail to has accidentally filtered you as spam, or their mailbox has filtered you as spam, they will need to place you on their safe senders list. This is especially true if you are sending daily e-mails that may cause the other person's inbox to inadvertently mark you as spam.

Please check with these users from AOL to make sure that you are on their safe senders list and re-try the messages again. If you still experience issues after this, please let us know.

Thank you.
Amanda

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
Pawnee County

I tried AOL for about 2 hours that was all I could take.  It came in the mail with a free offer and I needed internet access, for a new PC, to download NetZero (This was back when Win 95 just came out) so I used the AOL CD for internet access to download NetZero then uninstalled it.  So AOL was useful after all.

AOL does have it's place though it is for folks that aren't real computer knowledgeable.  I do agree this is a AOL problem and HughesNet needs to address this issue.
Terry3199

The devotional I e-mailed out at about 6:30 AM did NOT generate a rejection message from AOL today. 
Try it right now, folks - I THINK it is working again -
Amanda

Hello Terry & Sally,

Our e-mail team has an open ticket regarding this issue. As soon as I hear an update on its closure and resolution and the cause, I will let you know. If you continue to experience rejection messages, please alert us and send the header information (not the HughesNet webmail error) to communitysupport@hughes.com

Thank you
Amanda

The header will appear as so:

Arrival-Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 07:52:15 -0500
Reporting-MTA: dns; smtp.hughes.net
Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 07:52:15 -0500
Final-Recipient: rfc822; email@aol.com
Remote-MTA: dns; mailin-04.mx.aol.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.1 : (RLY:B1) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554rlyb1.html
Action: failed
Amanda

Hello All,

I've received an update. Our e-mail support team was able to send an email to a test AOL account using a hughes.net e-mail account. They reported there was no issues sending to AOL. The header that was provided to us by Terry indicates there was an individual block placed on that e-mail address. If the person you are trying to e-mail to has accidentally filtered you as spam, or their mailbox has filtered you as spam, they will need to place you on their safe senders list. This is especially true if you are sending daily e-mails that may cause the other person's inbox to inadvertently mark you as spam.

Please check with these users from AOL to make sure that you are on their safe senders list and re-try the messages again. If you still experience issues after this, please let us know.

Thank you.
Amanda

I am not receiving 'link' e-mail. Talked to support, tech sent me a direct e-mail no problem. Checked spam, trash and white listing. It has been a week sense I tried to sign-up. The program I was trying to sign up for, has left me behind, I guess they think I am some kind of nut. So far, this has cost me a bunch of money. And no answer from support@coinbase.com.

Terry3199

Yes indeed - SOMETHING fixed it yesterday, so the E-mail support team did, indeed, send an E-mail to AOL.  The nature of the blocked message notice, however, precluded it being blocked by an individual; the E-mails were being blocked by AOL.  I am positive, because I have more than one AOL recipient, and they were ALL blocked, and starting yesterday they ALL worked OK.

Let us hope AOL does not block Hughes again; it is a HORRIBLE hassle to get a domain off of a blocked list.

Amanda

Terry

I am glad to know its working for you now. Is the same true for you, Sally? If there are still hiccups here, we definitely need to know so we can get everyone support quickly!

Thanks,
Amanda
Sally Thomas

YES!!!! 🙂  My friend just replied this morning from both of her AOL email accounts, so all is well, for now. AOL is known for doing this sort of thing, so I expect it will happen again down the line. Thanks for going to bat for us, Amanda. Much appreciated.
Amanda

Great to know Sally!

Please always keep us in the know if you have troubles like this in the future. We're always here to offer advice or help out however we can.

Thank you,
Amanda
Terry3199

Thank you, Amanda!

HOORAY for HUGHES SUPPORT!!!

Hi Dennis,

It isn't very clear what your exact issue is, but in any case, it would be best if you created a new thread for yourself in our tech support category as this thread is 3 years old.

Thank you

Amanda