Cannot Post to ‘Upgraded to Gen5 and speeds are still extremely slow at times’

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lakeland4
Junior

Cannot Post to ‘Upgraded to Gen5 and speeds are still extremely slow at times’

Referring to the Cannot connect to ‘Upgraded to Gen5 and speeds are still extremely slow at times’ topic, now that I am able to connect to the ‘Upgraded to Gen5 and speeds are still extremely slow at times’ topic, I am not able to post to it. 

To post my reply I selected ‘Reply’ at the bottom of the 06-01-2022 post from Liz and entered the text in the window under ‘Replying to Liz’ and then selected ‘Post’.  The screen then showed the post just like all the other ones I have done.  However, the next time I viewed this topic, whether it was reloading the page, logging out and back into the Community or rebooting the PC, my post did not exist.  I even tried posting using Chrome, Firefox and another PC with no difference. 

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning folks,

I got curious about the character max in here so I had to dig a little to check. For posts, the character limit is 50000. When you copy and paste from other places, like Word, emails, and other websites, the HTML formatting gets copied as well and counts against the character limit. That's why the character count is greater than what's visible in the post.

Also, your post might look wonky when you try to copy/paste in here. I've learned from experience to copy/paste from Notepad, which has no formatting.

-Liz

Edit: I just learned something else! CTRL-Shift-V in Windows pastes without formatting; no need for Notepad.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

It is possible to edit posts?  Where is that mentioned?  I did not see anything about it in the ‘Welcome/Getting Started’ post

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

There are 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of messages. Click on that and you’ll see several options, including editing. 

@lakeland4 wrote:

It is possible to edit posts?  Where is that mentioned?  I did not see anything about it in the ‘Welcome/Getting Started’ post

Thanks!  There are certainly times when that will come in handy.