Cannot send emails with Thunderbird...again

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pete_Vit
Senior

Cannot send emails with Thunderbird...again

I responded to a users email about an issue sending emails using Outlook, so far no update, so, again no changes to my settings and now again I cannot send email from my hughesnet account using thunderbird. 

getting "Login to server smtp.hughes.net with username cvitullo failed."

I did not change user or password, is there a change to the smpt server?

help!

Carmen Vitullo
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@maratsade wrote:

Click "contact us" at the top of the page, then click on "Live Chat."  Sometimes you have to wait a while, if they're busy. 

thanks Maratsade - thanks Liz, woking with support now

Carmen Vitullo

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Carmen, how did you solve the issue the last time? 

I removed the account and added it back, nothing has changed with my email setting for authenication, port, password.

I really do not want to remove and add the account again, since all my emails (thousands) reload again 😞

Carmen Vitullo
maratsade

Thanks, Carmen. Can't blame you, really. 

I wonder if someone in tech support can vaildate the smpt server setting I'm using?

smtp.hughes.net port 587 -

security STARTTLS

authenication : Normal password

Carmen Vitullo
maratsade

Have you tried the toll-free number or the chat? 

In the past I've not had any luck with calling support, getting anyone I can understand, can understand me.

no matter what the issue is they follow the same script, reboot, reset modem.... when I just have an email issue.

CHAT? never knew that was an option

where's that ?

Carmen Vitullo
maratsade

Click "contact us" at the top of the page, then click on "Live Chat."  Sometimes you have to wait a while, if they're busy. 

@maratsade wrote:

thanks Maratsade - thanks Liz, woking with support now

Carmen Vitullo

as I suspected, support does not show any issues with smtp servers, so I guess, as with most open systems, if I wait long enough it will start to work again 😞

Carmen Vitullo

The settings appear correct, this is what our e-mail admins suggest for outbound settings:

SMTP Server Setting
http://email.hughes.net or http://smtp.hughes.net (they resolve to the same place)

Available Outbound SMTP ports
587 with security set to TLS

All Mail Clients must have SMTP Authentication selected as it is required to send email.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!