Cant reset router password

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LukeMcph
New Poster

Cant reset router password

The only solution ive seen for this is to use the reset button on the back of the router which didn't work. What do i need to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just so we're on the same page, are you saying that the default password of "admin" won't let you in the wifi settings of the modem, despite following the steps provided above?

The login screen for the wifi settings looks like this:

Is this where you're stuck?

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Liz

Hi Luke, 

Thanks for reaching out. Try these steps to reset the modem and wifi password:

-Simultaneously press the reset button in the back and the WPS button in the front.

-Release the reset button, don't hold it down.

-Keep the WPS button held down for 30 seconds or until any LED other than Power comes back on.

You should now be able to log into the wifi settings of the mode using the default credentials on the back of the modem.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Default password still won't work. I've tried this procedure a few times.

Just so we're on the same page, are you saying that the default password of "admin" won't let you in the wifi settings of the modem, despite following the steps provided above?

The login screen for the wifi settings looks like this:

Is this where you're stuck?

Your post said "default credentials on the back of the modem". That password didn't work but admin did, thanks for your help.

Ah, the credentials on the back of the modem are for the wifi networks. In any case, I'm glad you're now able to access your wifi settings! Feel free to stop by the community again if you need anything else.