Hughesnet Community

Did anyone have their service go down around 1AM EST on 5/25/2017? It's now fine, but I'm curious.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Did anyone have their service go down around 1AM EST on 5/25/2017? It's now fine, but I'm curious.

Around 1:00AM, or thereabouts, my service stopped.  I checked the SCC and it showed the signal strength at 2, so I assumed there was at least heavy cloud cover overhead.  There were clouds, but after not seeing my DirecTV lose its signal, which it ALWAYS does when HughesNet does, I reset the modem.  It came back up and everything worked, but I noticed that my signal strength had jumped to 127, which is a level at which it has NEVER been.  It eventually crept back down to my normal, which hovers around 110, and everything is working just fine.  

I was just curious if anyone else experienced this around the same time.  If so, did it eventually start working for you, or did you have to reset the modem, as well?  I'm wondering if HughesNet was doing some adjustments and/or had to do a quick reset or something similar.  I know they are still playing with the system, so that's why I'm thinking it might have been something they were doing.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hmm, no outage or maintenance reports on our end.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade

It was OK here -- maybe it was something regional?

Hmm, no outage or maintenance reports on our end.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU

Hmm.   Perhaps my modem ate some bad bytes and got a temporary case of indigestion.  Smiley Tongue

I did not notice anything here either.  My signal strength is still in the low 100's normally.  I wish I could get it up a little higher, but have not tried to and afraid to mess with adjusting the dish.  But 100 does sound a bit low esp when others are seeing higher.  I feel mine should be also.