Does the Gen 5 router have ports?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecoalex2
Tutor

Does the Gen 5 router have ports?

I need to plug in my solar gateway to a router to send data to Solaredge for access of system health, generation. I need ports on the Gen 5 router , does it have extra ports? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@ecoalex2 wrote:

Thanks for your reply.. I'm considering a switch to Gen 5 , it appears some have had problems with speeds , how is your system working? What did you have to pay to get it operating? Which did you choose? lease or buy ?

My Gen 4 isn't grounded to a stake, is this a new installation requirement?

My speeds have been fairly consistent with Gen5 - http://testmy.net/quickstats/C0RR0SIVE  Set the Identifier to 5 and you will get a list of my Gen5 test results over a 24 hour period of time.
I can't comment on anything else though...

Grounding has been a requirement since the beginning.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Thanks for your reply.. I'm considering a switch to Gen 5 , it appears some have had problems with speeds , how is your system working? What did you have to pay to get it operating? Which did you choose? lease or buy ?

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@ecoalex2 wrote:

My speeds have been fairly consistent with Gen5 - http://testmy.net/quickstats/C0RR0SIVE  Set the Identifier to 5 and you will get a list of my Gen5 test results over a 24 hour period of time.
I can't comment on anything else though...

Grounding has been a requirement since the beginning.

Thanks, wish you could tell me more on costs .