Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mark_shaffer100
New Poster

FAP

mark_shaffer100_0-1719282030245.png

5 hours ago

Thank you! This is the exact problem I'm having. I'm in FAP condition. This problem has been going on for probably 9 months or longer, slow speeds, hard to get online in the morning, losing connectivity often during the day. It still works, but barely. I've been a loyal customer for 10 years, I'm on a fixed income and I can't  afford the service fee for realigning or moving the dish. I suspected it was an dish issue because when the tech installed the dish years ago it was fine, but because I'm in a rural area, the trees have grown and are starting to obstruct the dish. I can afford to have someone top the trees. I guess at least now my suspicions have been confirmed. Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to fix it.

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The best thing you can do right now is to wait until one of the HN reps on this site sees your post and gets involved. They will try to connect remotely to your modem to see if they can figure out what is happening, and they will let you know about next steps.

Damian

@mark_shaffer100,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I am sorry to hear this. From the sounds of things, the trees are obstructing the line of sight for the dish which will normally cause intermittent connectivity and impaired speeds. This on top of being in the FAP state will also cause the issues you are experiencing. I can still run remote diagnostics before you begin trimming trees, to confirm the signal quality of the dish. This will also rule out any other causes. Please private message me the phone number associated with your account if you would like me to do this. You can send me the message by clicking this link https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/76644  . -Damian  

Thank you! I think I'll accept your solution, I know what you say is true,(if I change my mind I will send my #). I was having a similar problem with my  Direct TV so I moved the dish.(fixed) I think it's easier to move the dish than to top or remove the trees, they are very tall and leaning toward my neighbors house.

Thanks,

Mark

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@mark_shaffer100 

I would still have Damian check, just to rule out any other possible causes. It's fairly easy for him to do.