Figure daily usage

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfbeck
Junior

Figure daily usage

I have 50 gigs to use in 31 days and now that more than half the month is gone I know that I should have more than enough to last through February 1 with 67% left but I need assistance with ciphering data usage from this point on. Math was not my forte in school. I was lucky to have the internet come along. 

I have 33,535 megabytes left to use in 11 days. I want to figure out how many megabytes/gigabytes can be used per day to the end of the month without going over.

I can’t just divide 33,535 by 11 days since only 18 hours out of 24 are Anytime hours, 6 are Bonus hours. So 18 hrs times 11 days equals 198 hours. 33,535 megabytes divided by 198 = 169.3 which should be megabytes per hour. 169.3 meg/hr times 18 hrs in a day = 3047.4 mb. per day which is 3.0 gigabytes which can be used per day until the end of the month.

I want to use the highest definition I can without blasting thru it. Is this correct and is there an easier way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

So you have 33,535MB left?  

Whether you do it the way you did it, or divide 33,535 by the eleven days, then divide that quotient by 18 hours (assuming you have Bonus Data left to use during Bonus Zone time and won't need to use any Anytime data), it's still the same.  It's 3047MB per day (18 hours), or about 169MB per hour (again, at 18 hours).  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU

So you have 33,535MB left?  

Whether you do it the way you did it, or divide 33,535 by the eleven days, then divide that quotient by 18 hours (assuming you have Bonus Data left to use during Bonus Zone time and won't need to use any Anytime data), it's still the same.  It's 3047MB per day (18 hours), or about 169MB per hour (again, at 18 hours).  

Yes, I do have that much left. That happens because I use data so frugally at the beginning of the month since I can't tell the number of hours passing versus data used. One month only 5 days had passed when I received a notice that I was headed for trouble in I didn't change my ways.

Good, I wanted confirmation that I wasn't leaving something out or performing the math correctly.

You're response brings up a question about what data is used if I were using data at a rate that was excessive for the number of days passed: If I were to run out of anytime data, I assume that the next data bank will be any tokens I had saved up which in my case is 7.3 gigs purchased before I knew I should just slow down or lower the resolution. What happens after that, when all that's left is bonus data? Will bonus data be consumed before the download data is strangled even it's not between 2am and 8am?

GabeU

@dfbeck

Yes, your Token data is the next in line when you run out of Anytime Data during the 8AM to 2AM time period.  But, if your Token data runs out you enter FAP, as Bonus Data is only used during the 2AM to 8AM time period.  

So, from 8AM to 2AM, it's Anytime, then Token, then FAP.  And from 2AM to 8AM, it's Bonus, then Anytime (hence the name Anytime Data (now called Service Plan Data)), then Token, then FAP.