Gateway ID

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silverowl
Freshman

Gateway ID

Where is Gateway ID 4 located? Thanks in advance.

Jerry

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Silverowl wrote:

My beam is 38 and my satellite is Echo Star XVII

Your gateway is in Billings, MT.  

View solution in original post

GabeU

Silverowl,

It certainly can, though it usually takes somewhat harsher weather to affect the gateway's reception than it does your dish's due to the gateway being more tuned, or more sensitive, to the signal coming from the satellite.  

Still, anytime you have clear weather and you're having an issue, if you are still able to it's good to check out the weather at your gateway to see if that could be the cause.

BTW, coincidentally, Billings was my gateway when I had Gen4 on the ES17, and it still is for my folks, though on a different beam (24) than you.  🙂 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
GabeU

@Silverowl wrote:

Where is Gateway ID 4 located? Thanks in advance.

Jerry

Not sure.  What is your Satellite Name and Beam ID in the Satellite box on the following page?  http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/information

With that info I can tell you where your gateway is located.  I don't have a list of gateways by their number, but I can tell you the location by the satellite and beam.  

GabeU

@Silverowl wrote:

Your gateway is in Billings, MT.  

Thanks!! Does weather at the gateway affect the signal/lag if the weather is fine at my dish?

GabeU

Silverowl,

It certainly can, though it usually takes somewhat harsher weather to affect the gateway's reception than it does your dish's due to the gateway being more tuned, or more sensitive, to the signal coming from the satellite.  

Still, anytime you have clear weather and you're having an issue, if you are still able to it's good to check out the weather at your gateway to see if that could be the cause.

BTW, coincidentally, Billings was my gateway when I had Gen4 on the ES17, and it still is for my folks, though on a different beam (24) than you.  🙂 

Thanks!! Everyone here has really been helpfull. Appreciate it.

GabeU

You're very welcome.  Happy to help.  🙂