HT2000 System Control Center firmware bug

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkJFine
Professor

HT2000 System Control Center firmware bug

Hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere so I thought I'd just drop this here so it doesn't get lost:

Not sure if this is just me, but it seems there might be a small bug in the modem firmware (version: WIFI_3.4.3.33). When it builds a page to display it is missing a bang (!) after the pound sign (#) when it creates any internal routing links.

For example, you should be able to query any of the individual hours in the Hourly History display by clicking on any one of them. Except, the link it creates is something like
    "http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#/diagnostics/curr_hour_history/55"

instead of
    "http://192.168.0.1/limited.html#!/diagnostics/curr_hour_history/55"
so the link fails and goes back to the main page for anything you click on.

Simple workaround is to right-click, copy the link, paste link into the address bar, add the bang back after the pound sign, then hitting return. It's annoying and cumbersome, but it does work.

Anyone else come across this? If so, can this please be passed to the engineers for the next version?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Good morning Mark,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sharing your workaround. I've sent your post up to our devs.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Good morning Mark,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sharing your workaround. I've sent your post up to our devs.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Cheers, @Liz

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I have noticed it, but figured Hughesnet didn't want customers being able to poke around things that would typically cause them to freak out...

@C0RR0SIVE

Hadn't thought of that, but yes, the really detailed status logs have been inaccessible since the 9000. They had to go and make it boring for us exploratory, engineering, poke-around everything, "oh, what makes this work" types. And probably rightfully so! lol