How Many Trips to Set Satellite Pole?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monicakm
Senior

How Many Trips to Set Satellite Pole?

I thought I'd read that it took two trips.  I have an appt. for a new pole replacement next Tues (was for tomorrow but I called to postpone due to Easter plans).  When I postponed the appt, the installer said it would only take one trip.  How many trips does it take for a CORRECTLY installed sat. pole?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Takes only one trip...  The installer should dig below the frost line for your area, and have enough cement to completely fill the hole.  He will do a "dry set".  After about 30 minutes it should be solid enough to mount the dish provided it's not too windy that day.

My installer had to wait an hour for it to stiffen enough due to winds being too risky.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Takes only one trip...  The installer should dig below the frost line for your area, and have enough cement to completely fill the hole.  He will do a "dry set".  After about 30 minutes it should be solid enough to mount the dish provided it's not too windy that day.

My installer had to wait an hour for it to stiffen enough due to winds being too risky.

Thanks Corrosive.  I wish I knew where I'd read that but I'm glad it's not the case. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@monicakm wrote:

I have an appt. for a new pole replacement next Tues (was for tomorrow but I called to postpone due to Easter plans).  

That's good news.