Hughs Net is a sham!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssandrews
Freshman

Hughs Net is a sham!

I was promised 100 gb, even with a dish. It is ridiculously slow. So slow that emails are slow to load and send.

I was promised I would be able to use Zoom with no problems with the plan I purchased. My work is dependent on virtual, in-person interaction. I cannot use Zoom or any other platform. The signal is practically nill. I am losing students because of the lies I was told.

I was promised I could upload/download videos to/from YouTube with no problem, which is also part of my job. I can only do that after midnight!! Most of the time, I can't even watch YouTube videos!

I was promised several times, as I asked the sales rep several times to be sure, that I had 4 WEEKS to cancel my subscription with no penalty. 

IT IS ALL LIES!!! When I called, after 2 weeks of service, I was told that I could cancel my service for $300. I told the lady in accounting, who could not have cared less, what the very conniving sales rep, Michael, told me. She asked if I had been sent anything in writing. No, I had not. I trusted that Hughes Net actually stands behind what their reps say.  The lady in accounting said she could not let me out of the contract, because that is not what they do. She said would take $15 off my monthly bill for my troubles. Of course, that has not been done either. 

Everyone, seriously EVERYONE, I have spoken with about Hughes Net has said the same thing - it's a total joke. They take your money and don't come close to giving you what you were promised and pay for. I am seriously considering taking legal action against Hughs Net.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning ssandrews,

Good news! We got a quick turnaround on that sales call review request. I've sent you the details in a private message (PM), you can check your PMs in the top right corner of the community page.

Thank you for your patience.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Since your account is so new,you should request a sales call review, so the reps can  hear the whole call and see what was promised to you and what you replied.  Having your sales call reviewed may be of benefit to you. If you would like the review, simply reply here and state you would like it. The reps will be in touch during their working hours. 

I would very much like a sales call review. Thank you very much. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I hope the reps ( @Liz , @Remy , @Damian ) will get back to you early next week to start the process. It usually takes an average of about 7 business days to get the process done from the time it starts.  If they need info from you they will ask for you to send it to them via private message, so keep an eye on the site next week. 

@ssandrews wrote:

I would very much like a sales call review. Thank you very much. 

Good morning ssandrews,

Good news! We got a quick turnaround on that sales call review request. I've sent you the details in a private message (PM), you can check your PMs in the top right corner of the community page.

Thank you for your patience.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hello ssandrews,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience, that certainly is frustrating. I want to get to the bottom of this and see what we can do for you. I'm escalating your case for a sales call review and post back once I have any news to share. 

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

ssandrews
Freshman

Liz in Tech Support looked into my case. It was settled very quickly and professionally. The experience was a positive one. Thank you. 

Thank you for giving me the chance to sort this out ssandrews, glad we were able to get a resolution for you!

Feel free to reach out if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,

Liz