Info on New Hughes Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecoalex2
Tutor

Info on New Hughes Service

I was going to post this in other topics, but in looking at the dates of the posts, it appears there is not the place to get any answers. Where can I get info ? none of the reps can answer my questions. I was geven the old Gen 5 support # to call. That went nowhere.
I have tried to get info about an existing Hughes customer to upgrade to the new Hughes Gen 6 . I called the new service #  , and was told to call the old Gen 5 support # I seem to not be able to get any info such as  #1 do I have to cancel my old Gen 5 account and start a new account ?
#2 it appears an existing customer must pay for a new installation?

#3 What is the total for a new Select account ?

The reps I spoke to only would set up a new account canceling my old account.

So far I haven't been able to find answers for these questions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Just going to close this thread since we've addressed your concerns via PM. Thank you for reaching out!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Jay

Hello ecoalex2, 

No, you do not need to cancel your account to upgrade to The new HughesNet. 

Upgrading does require a technician to install your new equipment and repoint the dish, but you do not need a new dish. There is an upgrade cost for this visit.

The select plan is $74.99 before any taxes or other fees (such as the lease fee).

We will look into the concerns raised about the miscommunication from our Customer Care and sales representatives.

Thank you!

Jay

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Is the new satellite open for business?

I have been a Hughes Net Customer for few years now and I was inquiring about the new unlimited plan and was told it was cheaper to be a new customer. Why doesn't Hughes Net give a better deal for people that have been their customer for years. 

GabeU

@smullins0053 wrote:

I have been a Hughes Net Customer for few years now and I was inquiring about the new unlimited plan and was told it was cheaper to be a new customer. Why doesn't Hughes Net give a better deal for people that have been their customer for years. 

It's the same reason a lot of companies do the same thing... to attract new customers. 

Jay, thanks for your reply.

You state-

The select plan is $74.99 before any taxes or other fees (such as the lease fee).

My questions are 

* As a poster asked, why can new customer get a $25 savings for a new account and a free installation ?
* What does a service call to repoint the dish, and install the new modem cost?

* What is the additional cost of a modem lease?

* What are the additional fees, etc .

* Why can't a customer have their service cancelled , when the tech comes to repoint the dish, install the modem, and take the old modem , I would think you want the gen 5 modem returned.

Hughes New Account.png

GabeU

@ecoalex2 wrote:

* As a poster asked, why can new customer get a $25 savings for a new account and a free installation ?

To attract new customers. 

Hello ecoalex2,

Please be on the lookout for a private message from us today. To answer your previous questions:

#1 - Existing customers can upgrade their current account to the new Hughesnet service by calling the regular support line. You do not need to cancel and create a new account.
#2 - Yes, since there is a new radio transmitter and modem which need to be installed, an installation would be required.
#3 - $79.99/mo  without enrolling in ACH (autopay)

Additionally, the modem lease fee is $14.99 and when the technician comes on site to upgrade existing customers, they will take with them any old equipment that won't be needed.

Thanks,
Jay 

Thanks Jay for your reply with the information I requested, I hope this helps others considering an upgrade to gen 6 .

Thanks for your message , I will reply soon .

Happykitten.png

Hi,

Just going to close this thread since we've addressed your concerns via PM. Thank you for reaching out!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Question- does the gen 6 beam for subscribers have a greater capacity than gen5 had? There was a congestion problem with gen 5 in the evenings, this had noting to do with being in fap. Thanks