cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hellovolchitsa
Sophomore

Internet Doesn't Work At All In FAP Since Last Sunday

Hello,

Last Sunday, something seemed to happen to my internet service. Now, I've had this service for years, and I'm regularly in FAP. I understand it slows down; it is usable for me, and I happily go about my day. Last Sunday, during FAP, my internet has become unusable. This is not during "prime time" - it is in the mornings (10am or so), it is after midnight, it is around noon. Time doesn't matter. It will not load the "testmy" website at all, will not load Hughesnet.com, will not load basic Google searches. I have to refresh dozens of times to get something to load, and even then any .css file, java, etc. won't load, so it's still unusable.

I've emailed twice and been told I had to call. Calling is extremely stressful for me, which I explained (I'm disabled). The second person gave me a token for I could use chat, but chat could not find an issue because I wasn't in FAP. (I also bought one myself after the first email, a 9 dollar one). This made it pointless.

I woke up today and again, issues. So I finally call... and when I'm saying "agent" to try to get to a person and not the silly robot, it accidentally buys a 30$ token. I cannot afford this when I'm already paying 70+ dollars. The phone agent did give me ten dollar credit for three months, but this is absolutely ridiculous - it meant my service went back to normal. I want it fixed during FAP. I want the token removed and refunded for I can show what is happening during FAP and get the problem fixed.

So far I've done the standard: flushdns, restart computer, remove all other devices from the service, restart the router, reset drivers, reset the router, bought a new wifi connector (I cannot connect via wired. It's across the house. Don't ask me why the installer years ago did that instead of giving me a lined connection on the other side of the house). None of this fixes the problem. I've forgotten the connection, had it find it again, so forth. This problem persists if I am using my iPad to connect, my phone, my laptop - I've tested it across each device, it's the same problem. I've also tested between Firefox or Chrome. Same issue.

Also, now, suddenly, with absolutely no changes to structure of the house/location of router/etc., the 5gh connection is too far away to use. Nothing has moved, my computer is in the same spot, both the old wifi adapter and new one says this. I was *always* on the 5 one, even had the 2.4 disabled before, but now it has zero bars to both my wifi adapters when before, it had all five. I have to connect to the 2.4 if I want internet service.

Is this a sign I need a replacement router? I use the one that came with my service from years ago. What else is going on? I see someone else is having a similar issue, starting at the same time mine did. My service is on Beam 83. Is it a problem with that beam, because this is unusable at this point, and it makes no sense that FAP means I cannot even use Google search or Discord but with data it is fast and normal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hellovolchitsa,

Thank you for reaching out! We appreciate the detail you've gone into, and would love to help out. Is this month the first time you've experienced these issues with FAP? Our email team doesn't have all the tools available to them that an agent over the phone may, so they will likely attempt to reroute you there unless it's an issue that can be resolved easily.

In regards to the accidental token purchase, I have gone ahead and added a $30 credit to cancel out the purchase on your account!

Upon taking a look into your account, it seems you're experiencing some issues with alignment, which are likely contributing to the problems you've been experiencing. I've gone ahead and created an order for a technician to come and check out the site. This visit is complimentary, and the technician company will be reaching out to you in order to set up a date and time that works best! Please let us know how the visit goes, and if the issues you're experiencing persist after the repair!

Thanks,

Remy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Someone else is having what sounds like a similar problem to yours -- their speeds in FAP were slower than expected. They're on a different beam than yours, but I wonder if some beams are degraded. The reps will be here tomorrow, and hopefully one of them will reply to you. 

Thank you. I was surprised at how similar my issues was to the other poster and how they started around the same time. I'm hoping there's some answers and solutions to be had for both of us. (:

hellovolchitsa,

Thank you for reaching out! We appreciate the detail you've gone into, and would love to help out. Is this month the first time you've experienced these issues with FAP? Our email team doesn't have all the tools available to them that an agent over the phone may, so they will likely attempt to reroute you there unless it's an issue that can be resolved easily.

In regards to the accidental token purchase, I have gone ahead and added a $30 credit to cancel out the purchase on your account!

Upon taking a look into your account, it seems you're experiencing some issues with alignment, which are likely contributing to the problems you've been experiencing. I've gone ahead and created an order for a technician to come and check out the site. This visit is complimentary, and the technician company will be reaching out to you in order to set up a date and time that works best! Please let us know how the visit goes, and if the issues you're experiencing persist after the repair!

Thanks,

Remy

Yes! In fact, this was the first *week* I've experienced these problems. It just suddenly happened and now, my service doesn't work in FAP at all - nothing loads without a dozen refreshes, and even then, doesn't load properly.

Thank you so much for the refund! I'm so sorry about that. I should have known better than saying "agent" a dozen times on the phone, lol! I appreciate that help so much.

And ah, alignment! I wonder what messed it up, but we did have a storm recently (the hurricane/tropical storm actually) that knocked down some branches. None were right on top of the dish, but I think maybe close enough to have hit it about - or maybe just the wind/rain messed it up. I haven't gotten a call yet, so hopefully soon! I appreciate this so much, I hope this solves my issues!