Hughesnet Community

Low connectivity error message and I have to pay to have it fixed?!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kimclawson
New Poster

Low connectivity error message and I have to pay to have it fixed?!

I have a TCL Roku tv. About a month ago, the Amazon Prime app stopped loading, with an error message stating "Low Connectivity." The Hulu app started doing the same this week. Neither app will load, it just grinds for a moment and then gives the error message. They (and all apps) have worked fine up until this point. I spoke with customer service, who checked my router and said that the speed was lower than the 60% threshold and therefore I needed to speak to advanced web techs. Hughesnet gave me a number to call because the advanced techs "were closed for the evening.". I called this morning and was told I could be $150 for annual coverage or $99 for them to fix this one problem this one time. Can someone explain why I have to pay $100 for a speed connectivity issue? They gentlemen said that HughesNet calls them when they can't figure out the problem themselves. Shouldn't HughesNet cover the cost of a fixing a problem with THEIR service??? I have two separate case ID's for this one issue (as I spoke to two different customer service reps about the same issue) Case ID 118996079 and Case ID 119028204.

Has anyone else had this problem? Again, Hulu and Prime apps won't work due to "Low Connectivity," speed tests show less than the 60% threshold for download speed, and Hughesnet outsources the fix to someone I'm supposed to pay $100 to fix? And trust me, I'm paying HughesNet a LOT because we purchase a ton of tokens in addition to our regular service plan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Good morning Kim,

Just checking in on your site and I see the tech visit was completed and that your bent dish was replaced with a new one. I ran diagnostics on your HughesNet system just now and I'm happy to see that all is working properly now.

If you have any other concerns about the HughesNet service, don't hesitate to reach out again.

Have a good weekend!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Liz

Hi Kim,

Thanks for posting, I can understand your frustration with that situation. I pulled up your account to investigate what happened, and to clear things up, you were transferred to a third party tech support service, Home Tech Support (HTS). The $150 annual coverage and $99 for a one time fix are HTS' fees. You were transferred there to address optimizing your Roku for best performance, since Roku is a third party device. HughesNet support is always free and primarily supports the HughesNet service and its equipment. 

One thing you can try regarding Roku connectivity is disabling Interference Mitigation in your Roku settings.

1. Start up the Roku and get to the home screen.
  2. Press these 10 buttons quickly: HOME-HOME-HOME-HOME-HOME-FFWD-PLAY-REWIND-PLAY-FFWD
  3. Select “Wireless Secret Screen” from the menu choices
  4. Select “Interference” from the menu choices
  5. Choose “None”

If you run into any issues with the above steps or have questions about those, it's best to contact Roku Phone Support: (816) 272-8106.

Regarding the HughesNet equipment and service, I've run diagnostics on your system and found the equipment working normally. However, the speed the HughesNet modem is receiving is not where we would like it so I've decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Thursday, Mar 7, 2019 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #119061763 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Good morning Kim,

Just checking in on your site and I see the tech visit was completed and that your bent dish was replaced with a new one. I ran diagnostics on your HughesNet system just now and I'm happy to see that all is working properly now.

If you have any other concerns about the HughesNet service, don't hesitate to reach out again.

Have a good weekend!