Modem not picking up signal

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
britterz3737
New Poster

Modem not picking up signal

Last Saturday our modem stopped picking up signal. It wont connect to wifi. It says the wifi is strong but when i go to connect says the wifi is unavailable. I live out in the country so our only way of calling out is through a call app off of wifi. I called Monday while at work to explain the situation and they sent a remote signal. I then unplugged the modem like directed and it didnt make a difference. Then I was told i could go to a website that doesnt need wifi to get a code. I went to website but wouldnt come up due to no wifi. So now im stuck without wifi and a way to call out even if we had an emergency.  Would really appreciate a courtesy appointment to get the problem resolved right away if possible. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Good morning britterz3737,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I pulled up your account to investigate and I'm glad to see you've already gotten a dispatch set up over the phone. I hope tomorrow's site visit goes well. Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Do you have a device, such as a laptop, that you can connect directly to the modem via an Ethernet cable?

Not a laptop. I have a dvd player that can be connected directly to modem. 

Liz

Good morning britterz3737,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I pulled up your account to investigate and I'm glad to see you've already gotten a dispatch set up over the phone. I hope tomorrow's site visit goes well. Please don't hesitate to contact us again if you have any other concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!