Modem/router keeps overheating

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brahn
New Poster

Modem/router keeps overheating

My Hughesnet modem/router keeps overheating and throwing code 1.2.1 Temperature greater than configured threshold. The modem is located in a ventilated room, in the shade, at a constant room temperature of 70 degrees or less. There is even a fan circulating air around the modem. Why does it continuously overheat and should I be worried it will catch on fire?!

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@brahn 

You probably need to get a new modem. You can wait until the HughesNet reps on this site see your post, or you can try calling the customer service line and explain the problem to them.  They should be able to connect to your modem remotely and see the code (the modem will have to be plugged in for the reps to be able to connect to it). The reps on this site are not here 24/7, and if they don't reply today, you will need to wait until next week.

I hope you can get this issue resolved quickly. 

Remy

brahn,

It appears that this is your your first post. Welcome to the Community! We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing some modem temperature issues, and we'd love to help take a look into this. However, I was unable to locate your account through your Community profile. Please send us a private message at the link attached below with your account number or a phone number attached.

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/102584

Thanks,

Remy

Thank you, Remy. I will send you a private message.

CcClark
New Poster

Mine stays hot. Should  I be concerned. Watching for your answer

I meant waiting for a reply to your post   

I was wondering if it was normal to be so hot.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@CcClark 

You may want to start your own ticket, if you'd like the reps on this site to address it.  To start your own ticket, go to the Tech Support page and click on the blue button labeled +Start a topic. Provide as much information and context to your issue as you can, so the reps can help you.