Network Connected WIFI Device usage HT2000

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newtonf
Junior

Network Connected WIFI Device usage HT2000

Hello all, using my.hughesnet and looking at Usage and Connected Devices I can see all devices connected to my HT2000 via LAN and WIFI. I have two wireless speakers connected via WIFI and they are ONLY used for playing music using iTunes from my PC, they are not used for any internet streaming. On the “All Device Usage Last 24 Hours” table under “Percent of Data Use” both speakers show high usage percentages (15.76% and 24.05%).

My question is; is the data usage I am seeing on my speakers simply the data traffic from my computer to the speakers via WIFI and not data usage against my HughesNet data plan.

thanks for considering my question - Skip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
newtonf
Junior

Thanks Mark - I was guessing that is what I am seeing. I only recently fell upon the "connected devices" information, it's useful and fun to see what is going on and associate mystery updates on our various devices. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MarkJFine
Professor

Unless the speakers are updating firmware, this is just the data transferring between the computer and the speakers over wifi - not over the HughesNet network. Your data usage plan only accounts for data that is either sent or received over the HughesNet network. I suspect what you're seeing in the devices listing includes info pulled directly from the modem's router, which also includes data passing over the wifi LAN.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
newtonf
Junior

Thanks Mark - I was guessing that is what I am seeing. I only recently fell upon the "connected devices" information, it's useful and fun to see what is going on and associate mystery updates on our various devices.