No Internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tashgerk
New Poster

No Internet

I think I'm on Day #3 without internet. The other issue is I also have zero phone service at home (live in the boonies) so I can't even call to troubleshoot while I'm at home. Last time this happened, the modem was swapped and it seemed to work. I feel like I just did a swap not too long ago though. Any suggestions on how to get my internet back? It's definitely essential since I don't have phone service. Thanks in advance!

11 REPLIES 11
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Did you do the usual troubleshooting steps? Are all the lights off? Do you get any errors on the modem’s page? (You don’t need internet access to see the modem’s page, but the WiFi has to be working. If no WiFi, then you need to connect your computer to the modem with a cable. 

Leave the modem plugged in so the mods can reach it.  I hope someone will reply to you tomorrow. 

Sorry for the late response, my phone service is spotty and I'm at work. The plugging into the modem thing is new to me so I will try that tomorrow when I get off work and reply here with results. Thanks for the reply.

@tashgerk

Thank you for your patience and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you have been without internet this long. I see that we still don't have communication with the modem. Is the modem currently plugged in? Also, can you let me know which lights are illuminated on the modem and which are not? -Damian 

Again, sorry for the late response. I was at home and had no service. I'm in town (30 mins from home) and have service. The service code showed 12.7.1. I'm not at home so I can't see what lights are on. I'll be home soon and will be in town later to respond. 

maratsade

That state code is typically transitory and it is related to weather issues in your area OR at the location of the ground station.  They tend to resolve themselves when the weather issue (which could be hard rain, high winds, snow or ice,  dense clouds, etc.) resolves itself.  If this and other 12.something codes persist for more than a day or two, then it's time to get tech support involved.  Make sure to plug in the modem so the reps here can attempt to contact it. 

Okay. There was only one day that was rainy. Otherwise, it's been sunny and in the 70s and 80s. Ground station has been where it's at for about a year now. 

maratsade

Ground stations are always located in other states; unless you check the weather at the exact location where the ground station is, you wouldn’t know what may be happening there.  These stations are not in your home, your area, or your state.

Silly me! Lol. Assumed it was the modem. Thanks for the education. 

maratsade

The good news is, it's always a lot easier to fix the modem and the dish than it is to repair the ground stations! 🤣🤣🤣

I hope they can figure out what's going on with your modem. Remember to leave it plugged in so the reps here can communicate with it. Also, keep a list of what the error messages are.

Still no internet. There was a code of 21.1.5. but then it went back to the 12.7.1. Code. All lights are on except system and transmit. 

maratsade

At this point I would say you need a tech and/or a new modem.  The HughesNet reps probably won’t be here until Monday, so your best bet may be to call the 800 number.