No internet/Can't access www.systemcontrolcenter.com

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pacetree
Junior

No internet/Can't access www.systemcontrolcenter.com

So I'm unable to access the internet at all.  No dns lookup, can't ping anything.  I can get to the router setup, but not system control center.  I've tried setting the dns to Google's, and setting it to get from ISP.  Nothing works.  At least nothing beyond the router works.  I've power cycled, and rebooted in the router setup.  I'm afraid there is a problem with modem since I can't get to system control center.  Any advice would be appreciated!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Fred,

At this point, the only I can think of it being is a port issue. I have set up for a replacement modem to be shipped to you, in hopes it might resolve the issue. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

*Felicia*

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33

I'm leaving it connected to one of the WAN ports on my router, even though there will not be any activity because the router has that port disabled since it cannot ping anything through it.  I'm now using TP-Link router.  With a new DSL connected to the second WAN port.  Which is currently my only connection since the issues with the satellite started.  But let me be clear that ALL TESTING I'VE DONE and posted about here was done with a laptop connected with an RJ-45 CAT5E cable directly to port 1 on the ht2000, not through any other equipment.  I do try to cover all of the basics before I post here for assistence.

Sorry I keep replying to my own posts, but I keep thinking of new information that could be helpful.  This time I wanted to list the subjects I  have on my LAN side as well as the other gateway.  I did change the default LAN subnet on the ht2000, but was working that way up until sometime in the last few days.  My gateways into the router, which is setup to utilize two gateways and map specific ports or IP adresses to one or the other, are DSL on 192.168.254.254, and the ht2000 on 192.168.2.1.  The external router is on 192.168.1.1.  All of my devices are on the external router's DHCP.  Nothing else on the network is using the modems address of 192.168.0.1.  And none of the testing was done with the ht2000 connected to the external router.  All testing was done directly connected to a wired port between the laptop and the ht2000, after the ht2000 was disconnected from the external router and power cycled.  So I'm not seeing any way my complicated network config could be causing the ht2000 to misbehave.  The one thing I  did that I'm concerned about is change the LAN subnet on the ht2000 to 192.168.2.1.  However changing it back does not make it start working.

Is there a way to factory reset the ht2000 so I can eliminate any of my changes as the problem?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@pacetree wrote: 

Is there a way to factory reset the ht2000 so I can eliminate any of my changes as the problem?

There is, but please do not do so unless and until explicitly instructed to do so by a HughesNet representative, as doing so can cause more harm than good.  

I only mention this warning because you may find instructions for doing so in the Community, and rather than have you end up worse off than you are it's best to let you know to not do so without being instructed to.  

Thanks for the warning!  I wouldn't even try unless it was recommended by a moderator.  I'd really like to find out exactly what has caused this rather than just resetting it away!

I'm getting no responses at this point but still have no internet.  Cannot ping any outside addresses, do not get DNS lookups.  Cannot access 192.168.0.1.  Testing performed with wireless radios off and laptop plugged directly into the ht2000.  Could someone please help me?

Fred,

I have run some diagnostics on your account and I cannot pinpoint out any issues on our end. I did, however, make some adjustments to the modem in hopes it makes a difference. Please let me know if this helps. Thanks. -*Felicia*

Hey Felicia.  Thanks for looking at this again.  I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday, but I was out of town for work.  I tested again this evening and I still dont have any access.  To be clear, I was testing with my laptop connected with a cable directly to the ht2000 and wi fi off on both.  There is obviously something wrong and I've now been without working service for nearly a week.  I can access the settings on the router portion of the ht2000, but I cannot access 192.168.0.1.  Nor can I access anything on the internet.  The only thing I had changed on the ht2000 is the lan subnet.  But it had been working up until about a week ago.

@Hardy

Sorry, I  meant to tag you in the previous post so you would see my responce.  Please let me know what else I can try.  

GabeU

@pacetree

Though I'm sure you already did so, just in case, have you tried a different Ethernet cable?

Fred,

Previously, have you been having slow connection issues? Thanks.

@Hardy

@GabeU

Yes, I've used different cables, and I can also move the same cable over the external router and the laptop works fine.

I have had some other issues prior to this.  I had to drop the Hueghes phone service because my calls were being dropped again.  That had happened before and I worked with @Liz to replace the modem and telephone adapter several months ago.  That stopped the dropped calls for a while, but when they started up again I was out of contract and decided to go back to a traditional copper phone line. That's how I found out that I now have DSL available.   Although the speed leaves a lot to be desired after getting used to 50Mbps with Hughes.  I still have the Hughes phone service until next week when the LEC is porting my number back.  Before I added the DSL, I had noticed some slower speeds.  I may have even captured some speed tests, I'll have to look back and see.  Nonetheless it had been working ok with both for a few weeks before this happened.  I was enjoying the ability to route devices that require lower latency to the DSL, and devices and ports requiring higher bandwidth to the Sat.  I had not noticed a change in signal streangth even though the speeds had been slower.  Of course since last weekend,  I have not been able to get to the systemcontrolcenter.com screen to see the signal.

GabeU

Well, I'm stumped.  Hopefully Hardy and/or the engineers will be able to determine what's going on soon so you can get back up and running.    

So do I!  Thank you for staying in touch.  I appreciate the responses.