Hughesnet Community

No internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcreech1986

No internet

I have had Hughes Net for about 3 years now, maybe longer, and have never had the issue that I have been having. It started a couple of weeks ago when it just stopped, I didn't notice that the neither of the transmitter lights wasn't working but after about 30 minutes I did. It took a bit but it finally began working again, but since then at least once or twice a week it does the same thing. I called technical support and they were wanting to send a technician but wanted me to pay almost $100.00, which I can't afford. I have never in that 3 yrs ever had to call for a technician, I scheduled the appointment but when it began working again, I cancelled due to money issues. Has anyone else ever had these issues, and if so, how did you fix it? We use subscriptions on Roku, which has driven my girls crazy (for the small amount of time they do watch TV). I am also in school with a ton of assignments due and I cannot get them completed and turned in.

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I suggest you wait until the Hughesnet corporate reps on this site see your post and get involved, which unfortunately won't be until Tuesday, since they keep business hours and don't work on holidays. The corporate reps can make certain decisions that it seems the phone reps aren't allowed to make. 

Have you power-cycled your modem?  Also, when the issue happens, what is the state code? You want a state code of 0.0.0, but when something is going on, you will see other numbers, which indicate what the issue may be. This data will be useful to the reps here. 

Remy

dcreech1986,

Thanks for reaching out! It seems this is your first post here. Welcome to the Community! We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with your service, and we'd love to help take a look into this for you. However, I was unable to locate your account through your Community profile. Please send us a private message at the link attached below with your account number or a phone number attached, so we can take a deeper dive into this for you.

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/102584

Thanks,

Remy