No internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milenders
Freshman

No internet

Case #'s-57734207/103464039/103487841 work#7534595. Installer came on 4-8-17 to upgrade to Gen 5. He was here 4 hours trying to figure out with Hughes Tech support why we weren't able to get activated. He left stating that tech support would be working on it. I called later that night & HughesNet tech stated they needed an installer to help figure it out. I called HughesNet & the company that dispatches the installers why the installers haven't called or showed up for the appointment. They tell me they will send the message to the installer. So how long to wait for internet? Can we stop the upgrade for now & go back to Gen4? Problem is the installer has our old modem. Please someone help!😤
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Carol,

Funny, I just got an e-mail from the engineers saying they have your site up and running now. I checked your diagnostics and this seems to support that. Can you please confirm that you can access the internet now?

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Liz

Good morning milenders,

Thank you for posting, I'm sorry to hear this, we definitely want to get a tech out there ASAP and get you back online with your new Gen 5 service. I reviewed your account and I see a dealer was assigned to your case just this morning. They should be reaching out to you to set up an appointment. Alternately you may contact them directly to get the ball rolling:

Eagle Satellite

406-721-3662

If you have additional concerns, please don't hesitate to post back in the community. 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Liz, this is April 12,2017 & I still do not have internet or an installer. The people that were scheduled, Eagle Satellite tell me they do not service our area. I have called HughesNet & keep getting told an installer has been assigned, no they haven't. So here we sit waiting, in the mean time in order for me to get my work done I have to drive a mile to get a signal & sit in my car in the road. I would appreciate any help in expediting this Gen 5 install! The 2 previous modems that were installed did not work. Why? When other people are not having the same problem! Thanks in advance

Good morning milenders,

Thank you for posting and providing this information, I just checked in our system and the latest notes support what has happened i.e. Eagle Satellite not servicing your area. A dealer that does service your area has already been assigned to you:

Eagle Satellite of Butte

(406) 782-0674

If they haven't contacted you this morning, I'd give them a call. 

Liz, I contacted Eagle Satellite & they have not received a work order. When or if they do receive a work order, they won't be able to get to me till next week, maybe!?! This upgrade is turning out to be a major headache 🤕 😤

Oh dear, thank you for telling me. I've escalated your case to our installations group here at corporate to see if they can expedite this process for you. I'll post back once I have any updates to share.

Hi Liz, thank you for expediting the installer. He showed up, tried to get the internet, couldn't, so called HughesNet Techs, spent 5 hours on the phone, tried a 3rd modem & surprise, surprise, it didn't work either. So he left & we are again without access to the internet. So since we are in a contract together, we pay you money and you give us access to the internet, and you are not living up to your end, our next step is to bow out of the contract. I have a resolution however, our Gen 4 was working fine. A little slow but we had access to the internet. So how about you have the installer come back out with a gen 4 modem & get us back on? If not, please give me the steps to getting you back the equipment and us a refund. I hope we can rectify this the Friday before Easter 🐣 thanks so much, Carol

Hi Carol, 

Thank you for this update, please check your PMs.

Thanks again Liz. Here's hoping I have internet by Easter

Hi Liz, just another update, still no internet!
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@milenders

First, let me explicitly state that I'm NOT a Hughesnet employee, only a customer who is curious about something.  

Was your computer not able to connect to the modem or was the modem not able to connect to the service?  It sounds more like the latter, but I'm just curious.

This is just me thinking, and I'm probably wrong, and wrong to do so (LOL), but I wonder if something is going on with the radio.  I know that they have to physically reverse something on the dish's radio due to the polarization being different or the opposite with Gen5 compared to Gen4.  I wonder if that made something go goofy.  

The chances of three modems being faulty is astronomical.  

Again, I'm just a customer, and I'm not trying to put more questions into your thoughts.  I'm just curious and will find it interesting to know what they found was the problem.  

Hi Gabriel, we don't know what the problem is other than the install was correct but we can't connect with Hughes. When I try to go thru the steps of activation & he to the user section it gives me a window that states it can't connect to the server. They've been working on this since Saturday last & I find it hard to believe they haven't found the problem yet. You sound knowledgeable about this stuff, can I send your thoughts to Liz? Or maybe you can shoot her off an email. About to give up on this company & I have been with them since '08. Thanks for your thoughts....

Hi Carol,

Your case has been escalated internally to our engineers who have identified an issue with service activation on our end. The appropriate teams are assigned to your case to resolve your site so we can get you activated and online. That is the latest update as of 11:46 AM ET today. I'll keep you posted on their progress.

This is Easter morning & still no internet!
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

milenders,

It's the weekend, and a holiday weekend at that...  This community is only monitored by Hughesnet on weekdays from about 9AM to 5PM.

Thanks so much. I was wanting it documented that's one reason I am posting the days we don't have internet.

Day 9 no internet & no explanation of why this is happening.

Is this a solvable problem or are we just stuck?

Hi Carol,

Funny, I just got an e-mail from the engineers saying they have your site up and running now. I checked your diagnostics and this seems to support that. Can you please confirm that you can access the internet now?

Oh that would be so great, Liz. I will check as soon as I get back to my house. Fingers crossed 🤞

Good, looking forward to hearing back from you!