cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skuphan
Freshman

Phillips Hue lights can't connect via internet

I also posted in the Third Party section as well:

I am trying to link my Phillips Hue bridge so I can use ifttt with my Echo Dot to control the color of my lights. Has anybody ever had success linking their bridge so they can use the geofencing feature or the ifttt functions with their lights?

I am on Gen 5 and using my own router Netgear Nighthawk r6900

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I tried everything to get my bridge to link. Finally took it over to someone's house with landline internet, hooked it to their network and linked the bridge first time. Brought it back home, hooked it to my Hugh's router and its worked since. Something on my network or hughs internet connection does not allow the link to happen, but once linked it worked fine. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
skuphan
Freshman

So, I take it there is no knowledge about this issue?

I tried everything to get my bridge to link. Finally took it over to someone's house with landline internet, hooked it to their network and linked the bridge first time. Brought it back home, hooked it to my Hugh's router and its worked since. Something on my network or hughs internet connection does not allow the link to happen, but once linked it worked fine. Hope this helps.

Thank you. I will try that out and report back

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

After linking my bridge at my friends house everything now works. I can change colors using Alexa and also remotely control my lights from a far. Thanks for your help

Hello,

I have a Hue Bridge and 6 lights. My Hue system workes fine until I want to pair it with the online MyHue website. When it is time to push the button, nothing happens. I have HughesNet Gen 5 and I thought this would make it work. It did not. So, all the cool stuff you can do with the lights I cannot do. Are you saying that if I bring my bridge and a bulb let's say to work and connect it at my office with regular broadband internet that maybe it will work and I can pair it from home?

That is correct. Have you tried to connect it

That is correct. Have you tried to connect it