Remotely reset modum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imbert
Sophomore

Remotely reset modum

I rwad a thread on how a HN tech support staff was able to remotely reset a customer's modum at their vacation home. I'm hoping a tech person can do the same for me. We have a similar issue. Our security cameras went offline last night. In the thread I read Amanda from HN was able to fix the issue from her end. Can anyone help out please?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
bare65
Advanced Tutor

@Imbert

Honestly, I don't know..I know that when a community member or moderator is tagged, that person receives a notification (via email and/or the community) so I'm sure that either @Liz or @Amanda upon receiving such notification will stop by and assist you...but I would give it at least till the end of the day, if not tomorrow.

By tagging the mods, I'm merely indicating to them that your issue will probably need their intervention and help more so than anything we, as customers, can help with.

View solution in original post

Good morning Imbert,

Thanks for the clarification. What I'll do is set up the dispatch, but not schedule an appointment. Your assigned dealer will instead reach out to you to work out a time frame for the site visit.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Thanks, I'll send this over to installations as well. They are already looking into your original tech, thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Good Morning, I wanted to give you the follow up on my satellite repair. The new tech from DCS arrived on time and was an absolute professional. After careful evaluation of the satellite dish and it's components he determined their was a number of issues, most of which were caused at the time our satellite was installed. According to the tech, the original installer from PT didn't properly secure the fittings and failed to add dialectic grease which eventually caused the fitting to corrode. The dish was also not in the line of site and was connected to Jupiter 19, instead of Jupiter 17. At this time, I'm requesting that we get a significant credit to our account. From the moment it was installed it was done incorrect, poorly, thus affecting out service. Furthermore, I took 2 trips up to the cabin. The first time he failed to show and the second time they could not diagnose the issue. DCS diagnosed the issue right away and fixed it. I would a manager to give me a call regarding this issue. It's completely unacceptable and unprofessional. I appreciate the help.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Imbertwrote:

the original installer from PT didn't properly secure the fittings and failed to add dialectic grease which eventually caused the fitting to corrode. 

Jeez.  Using dielectric grease on outdoor coax fittings is installation 101 level stuff.  SMH.  That's awful.  Glad you got a much better installer this time.  🙂 

Hi Liz, did you get my last message on the satellite adjustment?

Hello Imbert,

Yes, thank you for your valuable feedback, I made sure to send this to our installations department so they may take appropriate action in preventing this from happening again. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience so we can improve. I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.