cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kafka
Sophomore

Signal Strength fade, now no connection

Hello. I need some assistance.

My signal strength has been rapidly falling over the last couple months.

After installation last summer, it was up around the mid 80's and everything worked OK.

Just over the last month or two it has been steadily falling, down to 70's, then 60's, then 50's, then 40's, then for several days it held at 31 and I had trouble using the internet connection. Now it has fallen below 30 which is near where the signal drops during rain/snow storms and I cannot connect at all.

This is a fairly remote location, I have no telephone service, and must rely on internet and email for connection to outside world. Right now I am writing from a cafe in a not-so-nearby small town.

Currently, and since yesterday around noon, there is a wildfire burning near my location and it is very smoky, so that may be why I am down to below 20 in signal strength and have no useable internet connection since yesterday afternoon. BUT the signal strength has been fading as I mentioned above and I think I need some technicnal assistance.

NOTE: My equipment is currently powered down. It will take me a few hours to get back and turn it back on. Could someone like Liz maybe take a look at it from the satellite end and help me?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The Timeless technician has appeared and has fixed the problem(s). The Timeless technician was on time, was of a professional demeanor, and was well-equipped with an impressive array of tools on an awesome web-harness toolbelt that may have included a hovercraft function. Otherwise, he used my not-very-good ladder to get to the dish. Yay. The Timeless Communications technician deserves a gold star. I was impressed. Thanks, Liz

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Maybe your technician was Batman! That utility belt...  haha well I'm happy to hear he sorted your site out. Thank you for letting me know! We're always here if you need us, just drop us a line.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!