Slow inconsistant connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trijfree
Freshman

Slow inconsistant connection

My connection is terrible. My equipment was just replaced. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with support yesterday and kept being told everything is good. Here are the test results. As you can see that is not true. I have had hughesnet for years. I have worked remote desktop with hughesnet for years and there is something very wrong with the service I am getting. Below are my results. graph results at: https://testmy.net/quickstats/Tjfree Date format: D M d Y @ g:i:s a Type Test Size Score Mbps Score MB/s Username Computer ID ISP / Host Extra Identifier Test ID Thu Jul 06 2023 @ 12:28:14 pm UP 4 MB 1.32 0.17 Tjfree 2.12148E+13 hughes_network_syste 60----ford-va-us 2KyNnBvmW Thu Jul 06 2023 @ 12:27:28 pm DN 25 MB 1.42 0.18 Tjfree 2.12148E+13 hughes_network_syste 60----ford-va-us fNiFSCXXg Thu Jul 06 2023 @ 11:53:37 am UP 1.3 MB 1.32 0.17 Tjfree 2.12148E+13 hughes_network_syste 60----ford-va-us 0hjkC5JRC Thu Jul 06 2023 @ 11:52:24 am DN 25 MB 1.51 0.19 Tjfree 2.12148E+13 hughes_network_syste 60----ford-va-us t281fLEWf Thu Jul 06 2023 @ 11:49:36 am UP 4 MB 2.03 0.25 Tjfree 2.12148E+13 hughes_network_syste 60----ford-va-us gh4X7xI-n Thu Jul 06 2023 @ 11:49:00 am DN 2.3 MB 1.2 0.15 Tjfree 2.12148E+13 hughes_network_syste 60----ford-va-us xRKF4PZe6 Thu Jul 06 2023 @ 11:46:42 am DN 2.3 MB 2.37 0.3 Tjfree 2.12148E+13 hughes_network_syste 60----ford-va-us 0x2ernmTm Thu Jul 06 2023 @ 11:30:54 am DN 25 MB 0.42 0.05 Tjfree 2.12148E+13 hughes_network_syste 60----ford-va-us RbEFwJ6ZB
26 REPLIES 26
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@Trijfree , what beam are you on?  I ask because I'm having some strange speed issues and I wonder if it might be beam related. I'm on Beam 68. 

@maratsade2

Just to confirm Beam 68 is currently experiencing issues so this is accurate. Engineers are working on this and I am still waiting on an update. @Trijfree I apologize for the inconvenience and I will stay up to date on the status of the beam.

-Damian 

maratsade

Cheers, Damian!

Thank you!

Any updates on when this issue will be fixed?

@Trijfree

After running remote diagnostics on your equipment, it actually appears you are not being affected by beam 68 issues as beam 68 does not appear to be experiencing issues anymore. You are actually experiencing speed issues due to exceeding your monthly data usage which is resulting in slower speeds every month. Please visit http://hninfo.us/FApolicyGen5 for more information regarding our data usage policy. Your specific data usage can vary greatly depending on what you are using the service for. Please review this link http://hninfo.us/datatips for helpful tips. On top of this, the only device connected to your network has fair/poor signal. Managing your monthly data expenditure and moving your device closer to the modem will help these issues. You can also use an ethernet cord especially for unsupported functions such as remote desktop. While remote/vpn related activates can be done with our service, it is not recommended or reliable due to the inherent latency. -Damian

maratsade

"beam 68 does not appear to be experiencing issues anymore"

Still experiencing issues where I'm at. 

@maratsade2

We are getting conflicting reports about beam 68. Currently it is not on the list of degraded beams but was on the day I originally replied to the posts. It looks like your specific issues were escalated pretty highly so I'm sure Liz will update you soon. Hopefully beam 68 no longer being on the list means they are making progress. The OP has a perfectly running system and only appears to be affected by poor device signal and throttled speeds.  -Damian

maratsade

It's a very odd thing with my site. The equipment seems to be just fine, but speeds tank after 10 am.  The issue has been escalated, and I'm sure someone will fix things soon. 🤞

No, that is not what is happening with my service as I explained in my reply directly to Damian.  I am not in FAP and my testing was not done in FAP.

maratsade

"No, that is not what is happening with my service as I explained in my reply directly to Damian.  I am not in FAP and my testing was not done in FAP."

Same here. 

@maratsade2

I am aware that throttled speeds from FAP is not the same issue you are experiencing. I was responding to the OP on the results of the account I ran remote diagnostics on. I see you are already working with Liz so I am sure you will receive an update there once your specific issue is resolved. -Damian  

maratsade

I was responding to the OP too, because it seemed, from their wording, that they were responding to me. Sorry to confuse matters. I'll leave this thread. 

@maratsade,

Oh I apologize @maratsade. It seems I may have misunderstood as well. We are actually now starting to get more reports about beam 68 so it is turning into a bigger escalation. @Trijfree You can still have the case escalated by calling incase there is something other than a possible beam issue causing this. I will be updating both of you here. -Damian 

maratsade

Thanks , @Damian . I hope this gets fixed soon. It's certainly very odd, and reminds me of when something very similar happened in 2017. 

Hi Damian,

My issue is not due to going over my limit.  I had been experiencing this issue before I had my equipment replaced.  The issue has continued after as well.  My modem is on my desk 1 foot away from my desktop PC.  You saw the speeds I was getting on my first post.  I was not over my limit when the test was performed and when I did go over my limit I purchased more data of which I still have 1.5 g left.  Use a direct connect does not solve this issue.  I have used Hughesnet for years.  I know how it is supposed to perform.  Something is not working correctly.  This issue happens with the desktop and the laptop.  Please advise.  

@Trijfree 

There are no detectable issues with the system that can be seen remotely other than what was already said. This may mean you will need to have a case escalated to our advanced technical support team. You can do this by calling our support line at 1-866-347-3292. They may take you through basic troubleshooting steps one last time before escalation. That team has access to tools I do not. Deeper troubleshooting can be preformed during that process.  -Damian 

How do I get to advanced support?  I was on the phone 45 minutes and the lady said everything was fine.  I asked to go to next level of support and she basically said no because everything was fine.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!

@Trijfree

Thank you for attempting to do that. At this point that sort of confirms that there are no other issues causing your problems. This means we will have to wait until the beam has been repaired/fixed. If you are still experiencing issues after, this would constitute a guaranteed escalation as the beam issue would be ruled out. I do apologize for the inconvenience and as soon as I am updated, I will relay the update here. @maratsade I hope this is fixed soon to and usually does get fixed within a somewhat reasonable timeframe. -Damian

maratsade

Thank you, Damian!