Slow or absent signals

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimpamwells
New Poster

Slow or absent signals

I have been trying to figure out why it seems like I am loosing signal or it slows way down at times. I have the HF1000 unit and have read through the Tech Forum and seems like several people have been having the same problems. It dosen't seem like it's any certain web site or type of technology hooked to it. Is there anything on your end that you could check to see if you have a problem? I have checked both the wireless router and the HughesNet software, they say everything is working properly, yet at times it seems like the signal just gets shut off.

thanks

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@jimpamwells

I'll tag the reps for this thread because they are probably going to at least want to replace your modem.  I'm not 100% positive on this, but those HT1000 modems are fairly old and a bit "twitchy".  

@Liz @Amanda

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
GabeU

@jimpamwells

I'll tag the reps for this thread because they are probably going to at least want to replace your modem.  I'm not 100% positive on this, but those HT1000 modems are fairly old and a bit "twitchy".  

@Liz @Amanda

Thanks, I'll wait to see what there reply is.

Hi jimpamwells,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! We can certainly help address your concerns so I pulled up your account to run diagnostics and from what I can see, the HughesNet equipment is working normally, including your HT1100.

So we can begin addressing your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account and run 3 tests when you experience a slow down. Post your test results link here in your thread.

Please keep in mind that Hughesnet will only accept testmy.net and the official Hughesnet speed test results. Tests from other sites like speedtest.net are not accepted due to the compression technologies and latency that satellite deploys.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-use the 12MB size download test file ONLY if on Gen4 Service Plan
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/C0RR0SIVE

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU

Eek.  I should have verified which modem it was, just to be sure.  😞 

Are you asking me a question? none of those numbers are on the HughesNet HT1100

GabeU

@jimpamwells

This is your quickstats link so the reps, and you, can look at your results in one place.  https://testmy.net/quickstats/Jimpamwells

Also, if you see any test results in yellow, ignore them, as they aren't yours.  Because Hughes uses shared IPs you'll sometimes see tests in your results table that you didn't run.  It's slightly annoying, actually.  We don't see them when we look at your results, or anyone else's, but when anyone looks at their own results they may see them. 

If you do see them and want to get rid of them, there's an exclude button on the bottom left, just under the results table.  If you click on that it will exclude the tests that are on the same connection ID as yours, but that you didn't run.   

I haven't seen any comments about the test results since I posted and they have been compiled.

Also, I tryed the last few nights to get a speed test when we were having problems, but couldn't get on-line to complete them. Every evening this week between 6PM and 10PM I have problems either getting on the internet or it is really running slow. I don't have anything extra running on the internet at this time either. Looking for a solution.

Hi jimpamwells,

Thank you for the speed tests. Are you able to manually select the 12 MB test file size for the download speed test or the 2 MB test file for the uploads?

Your diagnostics don't show anything terribly out of the ordinary.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

upload is very slow

https://testmy.net/db/5wjyUTZ9d