cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds only in prime time hours

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Slow speeds only in prime time hours

andy.donna, 

Make sure that when you run a test, you use the 12MB manual size for download tests and the 2MB manual size for upload tests.  

http://testmy.net/quickstats/donna1961

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

glad it's not affecting you, but everyone's situation is different.  My wife runs a business on-line, and can't do so after 4:00 pm.  We stream movies on-line, paying for memberships to do so, but when I get home from work it's a no-go.  This has been going on since around Chistmas time.  I'll be sure to post and sing the praises if/when this is fixed.  We'll see
Assistant Professor

Back up this morning as expected.

New Poster

I agree with dhorwath "every situation is different". Many of us rely on the internet in the evening and when you are paying $80+ month for service you expect it to work 24/7. 

In any event, test results tonight (Friday PM), so far, were incredibly good compared to test results from the past months. I will check again in a few days.
New Poster

FYI- My speeds are backdown again. Tests taken 02/07/17.

Good morning dhorwath,

Just a heads up, the engineer on your case provided an update. He let me know that there is a planned expansion in the next 2-3 weeks for your beam. This will provide a lot of relief for the night time speeds which will continue all the way up until we release Gen5. I will apply a discount for the next 6 months while the work is completed.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you
Amanda
New Poster

Speeds have been weird for me too.  Last week I bought a token after doing a bunch of work that used up my data.  That refill was gone in 45-60 minutes and we hadn't done anything after using the token other than facebook.  I should have called immediately and had Hughes replace the token but was too tired to deal with it.   About 2 weeks ago I noticed data was disappearing faster than normal.  I checked all the settings on my husbands laptop to make sure he hadn't accidentally changed settings...was all good.  But yes, speeds and data usage seems to off recently.

Sophomore

It's been 3 weeks now, and there's still no speed improvement.  Seems worse, now it's under 1meg tonight.   http://testmy.net/db/2lngZ6apX
What's the status on my beam?

Hi dhorwath,

I did not know the exact date, just the time frame. I will ask engineers if the expansion has already been completed or is still pending and let you know what they say. I appreciate your patience.

Thank you,
Amanda

Hello dhorwath,

I got a response very quickly, he called me right away on the phone. Looks like it is scheduled for tonight, but there were some delays with one that was done last night which could cause a problem. The engineer on the case asked me to call him back on Friday to see the status. 

Thanks
Amanda