Slowing down and getting worse

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kirk Merley
Sophomore

Slowing down and getting worse

For more than a month, my downloads have been slowing down, and are getting slower all the time.  This is supported by the Hughes speed test, Sam Knows, and Testmy (capnkirk1).

Performance was great for a long time, but is deteriorating rapidly.  I was patient, assuming a temporary situation, but it is clearly becoming permanent.  My speeds range from well below the contracted speed to less than dialup.  Very Frustrating!  What can you do to correct this prob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It appears that the new modem has solved the problem.  My Testmy scores are much higher and download performance is much better.  I have been tracking performance since I installed the new modem two days ago and get consistantly higher speeds.  The Samknows charts show that the performance tanks at least once a day, typically at night, but is otherwise higher over all.  thanks for your help!  This has been my best experience with solving a problem in the 14 years I have been on Hughes!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Kirk Merley 

If you don't already, make sure to leave your HughesNet modem plugged in so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment, if they deem it necessary.  

For the reps...  

https://testmy.net/quickstats/capnkirk1

Liz

Good morning Kirk,

Thanks for posting and running new TestMy.Net speed tests. I ran diagnostics on your site and I'm not seeing anything wrong with the HughesNet equipment. I did notice you still have the HT1100, so I've sent you a complimentary HT2000w modem. This is our latest model which is more efficient than the HT1000 series. I'd like to make sure you have the most updated equipment before escalating to engineering.

The new modem should arrive sometime this week; no need to return your old modem. Here's a guide to replacing your HT1100 with the HT2000w.

Please let me know the new modem works out for you, and run new speed tests if you've noticed no change.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

It appears that the new modem has solved the problem.  My Testmy scores are much higher and download performance is much better.  I have been tracking performance since I installed the new modem two days ago and get consistantly higher speeds.  The Samknows charts show that the performance tanks at least once a day, typically at night, but is otherwise higher over all.  thanks for your help!  This has been my best experience with solving a problem in the 14 years I have been on Hughes!

Sweet! So happy to hear that, Kirk. Glad all you needed was a modem upgrade. I appreciate your comments, they mean a lot.

Have a great weekend!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!