Status Meter

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hcamardelle
Sophomore

Status Meter

Did HughesNet stop supporting my older version of the status meter?  For whatever reason it doesn't think there's a modem connected to my main computer.  I've recently gotten a couple new systems and have installed the status meter to version 6.6.1 from version 6.2.  The new version doesn't give me a persentage of data used and the number of days left in my plan so I don't find it as useful as my older version.

Is it no longer supported?  Running a Mac.  Thanks in advance for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Wow!  When I checked the system status I can get the same info.  That's new to me as well.  Thanks again!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
highprairiest
Freshman

I am having the same issue. I "lost" the old status meter download, and the new one never did work on my system. Now I have not only lost the only status meter that worked for me, but now I have a black symbol that tells me I am not connected to the modem...yet I actually am online.  I am getting really fed up with Hughesnet and their silly games when all I want is promised value for my money.  Promises never have been fulfilled, but I put up with a lot of things because I have no choice where I live and even iffy service is better than none...except I should also be allowed to pay "iffy" as well. 

I am using a Macbook Pro with Safarie 10.1.1.  I download the Usage Meter but cannot open it.  Please tell me how.

Same here on Windows 10

MarkJFine
Professor

Good to see some other Mac users...

I started a thread a while back about recommendations for the next Status/Usage Meter here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Recommendations-for-next-version-of-Usage-Meter/td-p...

Unsure what the status is, but I'm pretty sure it's getting some notice, so all of these things may be put back in the next version when it's released.

Best advice until then is to manually uninstall the version you are using, then download and install v6.6.1. I'm not totally sure the new version will overwrite/automatically uninstall the old one since the name changed, so always good to uninstall the old one to avoid a version conflict.

Hope this helps.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

The thing is that I'm running 6.6.1 and it's not functioning.  Maybe I'll try a reinstall and see if that works.

Anyone got a link for 6.6.1?

hmmm... very strange. I've seen an instance where if you are using a 3rd party DNS (e.g., Google's 8.8.8.8) then using the default modem address in Settings won't work correctly. Just to be sure, is it set to 192.168.0.1? <- meaning, the default modem address, not the DNS.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

If you still need it, you can download from My Account -> Usage above, or directly at http://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount?_udreq=1&tab=Usage.

That's a good link Mark.  Looks like I'll just use it for now and hope HughesNet incorporates the previous features into future versions.  Thanks for your help.

Wow!  When I checked the system status I can get the same info.  That's new to me as well.  Thanks again!

You're certainly welcome! Glad I could help.