System light won't stay on

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcoleman
Freshman

System light won't stay on

No internet. System light is off. I can reboot the modem and bring it back online but only momentarily as it will go back out again. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Good morning mcoleman,

Thank you for the updates.  As a courtesy, I'm dispatching a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Thursday, Jun 28, 2018 between 11:00 AM-02:00 PM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #113385787 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Liz

Good morning mcoleman, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We can totally look into this for you. I pulled up your account and can't reach your modem remotely, which from your case notes and your post here is no surprise. 

Interesting that the internet comes back up temporarily after a reboot.

Please try powercycling the modem by unplugging the power cable from its power brick and waiting at least 30 seconds before plugging it back in. Do you still only temporarily get internet back?

Finally, please navigate to 192.168.0.1 in your browser to go to your System Control Center. This site is hosted on your modem, so no internet connection is needed. Click on the System Status light at the top of the screen.

On the next page, please let me know what your State Code is (it's a series of 3 numbers separated by periods, like 12.7.2 or 0.0.0), as well as the SQF. 

Let me know if you have any questions. Looking forward to hearing back.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thanks for the response. I'll have to try the items you mentioned tonight when I get home. 

Great!

I realize now that you won't find the term "SQF" in the System Control Center (SCC), instead look for "Satellite Receive Strength", I'll need the number next to that please. 

Sorry, i didn't get your last message in time. The 2 codes it has set are 12.7.1 and 12.8.1 and the TCP Accel says fail. I'll check the signal strength tonight when I get home.   

OK thanks, please also let me know if powercycle makes a difference.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

I still just get the system light back temporarily and then I loose it again after powercycling. I'll get the signal strength number tonight.  

Signal strength is 68 and we powercycled it again with the same results of the system light eventualy going back out within 10 minutes.  

Liz

Good morning mcoleman,

Thank you for the updates.  As a courtesy, I'm dispatching a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Thursday, Jun 28, 2018 between 11:00 AM-02:00 PM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #113385787 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Thank You. I'll call and try to reschedule for June 29th since I will be home that day. Thanks for the assistance.