Technical Help

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yutairnt
New Poster

Technical Help

We have several HughesNet accounts for our business, one in Missouri, [edited for privacy], Gen5.  It has worked perfectly, along with the phone for several months, since originally installed.  However, following the outage yesterday afternoon, the system has been intermittent.  Our on-site person talked to Hughes technical support yesterday, and at the time the agent looked at the system, it was working, so he couldn't do anything.  Today, we worked with Hughes technical support to re-register the modem, but it still won't stay connectedto the Internet, and phone calls using the ATA are not possible for more than a minute or so.  It is hard to believe a site visit is required, since the system has worked so perfectly up to now, and cause & effect would say that the problem is tied to the outage and not an issue at the site.  We have signal stringth in the low 100s, so antenna pointing doesn't seem to be an issue.  We need this system very badly to keep our business operating.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

This is a known issue...  Engineering has been working on this for 24 hours now, and I personally haven't heard of anything more than what's posted here.

I suggest, if a location is mission critical to your business needs, that one have a backup/failover system in place.

If you have no landline options, nor cellular options available as a backup connection, you may want to consider having a secondary system that's pointed at a totally different bird installed and a fail-over router re-route traffic should one system go offline for too long.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

This is a known issue...  Engineering has been working on this for 24 hours now, and I personally haven't heard of anything more than what's posted here.

I suggest, if a location is mission critical to your business needs, that one have a backup/failover system in place.

If you have no landline options, nor cellular options available as a backup connection, you may want to consider having a secondary system that's pointed at a totally different bird installed and a fail-over router re-route traffic should one system go offline for too long.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Yutairnt

You should edit the DSS number out of your post.  This is your account number, which you should NEVER post in public.  You can edit your post by clicking on the three dots to the upper right of your post and clicking on Edit Message.