Hughesnet Community

Three months later, the same issues are happening with non-working internet.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hellovolchitsa
Sophomore

Three months later, the same issues are happening with non-working internet.

It is basically the same as my previous post, only the issues are now even more persistent. The internet is mostly fine if I have data - regular data. However, bonus zone only works for one hour (from 2am to 3am) and then it no longer works; pages do not load, nothing can download, a 20mb download says it will take three to four hours. I cannot load FB, google search, Hughesnet website, anything without refreshing a dozen times. Currently, my internet only works while in FAP from around midnight until 3am (with one hour being bonus zone) and otherwise it's unusable.

As I said in my previous post in October, I have done countless things to alleviate this: tried new devices, connected directly to the modem, last time had my satellite adjusted and got a new modem, etc. It is the same issue across every device (including iOs vs. android vs. desktop vs. laptop). My internet goes down to 100kbs - IF I'M LUCKY- any hour that isn't midnight to 3am. It can be crystal clear outside with no cloud in the sky.

I was told I would possibly be moved to a different beam in November (Jupiter thing? I don't know), but that did not happen. I was also told I would receive a discount on my bill - over ninety dollars for internet I cannot even use to look at Facebook or a simple, non-java browser game -  until the problem was resolved. I had the discount for one month and that was it. This problem has been happening since I first posted in October. I have been patient. I am literally using my phone to tether right now because I have no other option, as it won't even load for me to log into here to post.

There HAS to be something going on with my account that was not addressed before because otherwise, I do not know why I'm paying ninety dollars for internet I can only use three hours of the day at the middle of the night.

And again, I understand FAP. I have had this service for *years.* I regularly am in FAP and before October, it worked perfectly. It slowed down, but it was usable, and it was fine. However, now it is not slowing down, it is UNUSABLE. I should not have to refresh to HughesNet website twenty times just to get it to load for I can try to log in, then have to refresh those pages (three - log in page, then the social media page, then clicking the account) an additional dozen times each. That is not the service I was promised.

7 REPLIES 7
Kayla96
Freshman

My internet hasn't been working this past week and a half, I am having the same difficulties as you and customer service has not helped.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Glad you started your own thread; the reps here prefer to work with each user individually. I hope the issues resolve quickly for you.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@hellovolchitsa 

I read most of your previous thread, and I hope they can move you to the new satellite or do something that will alleviate your situation..  

Thanks. Me too. At this point, I'm looking at other options. If I could afford the 600 fee for Starlink, I'd just do that, because this is ridiculous - especially since Starlink is a tad bit more expensive monthly. I have been happy with this service for years, had reasonable expectations, understood the issues with it and accepted them. But this is not acceptable, and paying this much for this sort of internet is also ridiculous.

hellovolchitsa
Sophomore

Also, please, before I get "you need to run speed tests" I CANNOT. The website won't load. That's how bad my speed is right now. When it did load (when I tried a week ago, hoping this problem would go away), it was the exact same as the previous time I posted.

Remy

hellovolchitsa,

Thank you for reaching out and following up! I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues with your service. Please be on the lookout for a private message from us regarding your ongoing issues!

Thanks,

Remy

hellovolchitsa
Sophomore

I am being helped privately but I am going to update this thread.

Tonight when I woke up at 11pm, the internet worked perfectly. It was in FAP, but fast, everything loaded, I downloaded a few things just fine, Facebook was fine, etc. Until exactly 3am, it was like this. Even right before 3am, I watched - I had multiple downloads going, trying to beat the clock, and all of them were near 1Mbps at speed. Within the same minute my computer turned to 3am, every single download went down to 11kbps or lower, with most stopping entirely and failing. My iPad and phone could not even connect to the internet it was so slow. Almost no pages loaded, etc.

I have been trying since 5am (thirty minutes) to log in to buy a token. I finally bought one. Once again, the exact moment I bought a token - and remember, I have bonus zone, I have 20gigs+ on bonus zone - it went back to normal. My downloads I started again and they finished within the minute. All pages loaded. My devices can connect again. It is using bonus zone data, but now, it works.

I should not have to buy tokens for my internet to work *when I have data during bonus zones.* I should not have to buy tokens just to be able to access pages, when for years before, in FAP I could use it.

Yes, I understand, my beam is apparently having issues. But it's really odd those issues go away immediately when I'm not in FAP, even if I have bonus zone data, just long as I'm not in FAP. I find that really peculiar, and I'm disappointed I had to spend *more* money to get access to the bonus zone I already have available.