Hughesnet Community

Unable to send or receive email using Outlook or HughesNet's webmail for the past 12 hours.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJ42
Freshman

Unable to send or receive email using Outlook or HughesNet's webmail for the past 12 hours.

This the 2nd time this has happened withing the past two months. Last time I was told some sort of server upgrade was being done.

This time a similar story but the chat agent said "others are complaining about the same problem". 

Neither time did I receive any warning of any server upgrade. 

5 REPLIES 5
bookwormchef
New Poster

I am having the same problem. I can’t even access my email using the Hughesnet website. It’s been going on since yesterday. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

It's a known issue with no known solution. See https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/email-issue-when-using-MicroSoft-Outlook-and-HughesN...

Your best bet is to go with another email provider such as Gmail or Microsoft's Outlook.  Chances are HN will do away with the email service, like many ISPs have done.

maratsade

As I stated, I cannot even access my email using the Hughesnet site. So the response about it not working with Outlook, etc., doesn’t apply. I need to access my account and would be fine using mail.hughes.net, but even that doesn’t work. But thank you for your reply. 

maratsade

Yes, it does. The issue affects receiving your email via Outlook or from the site. The issue is with the email account itself, not how you access it. It's likely going to continue to get worse, so your best bet is to go with another email provider.

Editing to clarify that the issue is between Hughesnet and their email provider, and there are issues that have been going on for a while with no known solution and that randomly happen and randomly fix themselves.  If the issue going on now is one of those, then it will likely resolve itself, but continue to appear randomly. If it's something else, then it'll be fixed as soon as HN's email provider can fix it.