Upgraded to HT2000W &PS4 VC Stopped Working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CMcIntire
Freshman

Upgraded to HT2000W &PS4 VC Stopped Working

We just upgraded two days ago and as soon as we upgraded, the voice chat feature on the PS4 refuses to work (NAT type error). It worked on the lower grade plan we had when we were using our own router, but does not work with the new one.

We've tried opening ports, UPNP, and DMZ with no luck either on their own or in any combination. Why isn't it working and what can we do? The most we've gotten from tech support (e-mail) is to use our own router in conjunction with their equipment, but no info on how to set it up.

This is very frustrating as we upgraded to get a slightly better gaming experience and now we have essentially no gaming anymore.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello CMcIntire,

Thank you for your patience while our engineers work to address your concerns. Please try the steps here and let me know if they help.

Looking forward to hearing back.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

To use your own router just plug it into one of the jacks on the back of the HT2000W modem.  Everything in your router will still be set how it was and you can connect to your network as you always did before upgradeing to the HT2000W.  You do not have to connect to the HughesNet WiFi.  I went to WiFi settings and turn all the wireless connections off in my HT2000W and only use my old router.   To turn it off, go to 192.168.0.1  click WiFi Settings on the left  enter password (default is admin - if you have not changed it)   Then next to SSID Enable uncheck the box, click save settings -- Click on 5Ghz  and uncheck the box next to SSID Enable as well, click save settings.  

Ok, so we tried that and it didn't solve the issue. Any other possible solutions? This was working fine before we upgraded, but now refuses to work at all.

Others are having issues with XBOX and PS4 there are other posts if you want to look through and read them.  I dont know if your issue is the same as others but engineers are aware of some issues and working on a fix in the coming weeks.

The xbox issues are probably the same as the PS4 issues...  They may be tied to something else, but right now it's probably best to treat the two as seperate issues.

The Xbox issue is dealing with MTU and connectivity...  Sounds like this PS4 issue is more NAT related.  Granted, both consoles may be mistaking the same issue as different things.  It sounds like in this case though, the PS4 is at least able to connect.

Yes, on the PS4, we can connect to everything. The voice chat is the only feature not working, which wouldn't be a huge deal, but my husband plays with a bunch of guys and it's the only way to coordinate between all of them for the games.

I will read through the PS4 threads here and see if there are any possible solutions.

The voice chat still isn't working and now my husband is finding that he can't even join a friend's Ark server. This is getting very frustrating as it worked just fine before we upgraded and despite the larger data limit and better speed, I'm actually starting to regret getting the upgrade.

Hi CMcIntire,

Thanks for posting. As C0RR0SIVE noted, there are reports of issues with Xbox 360 consoles, of which our engineers have also concluded are having an issue with the HT2000w modems. While your PS4 issue with Voice Chat may be different, I've already escalated your case to the engineers as well. Once I have any news of progress with their investigation, I'll let you know.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hello CMcIntire,

Our engineers would like to observe your site regarding your PS4 concerns. Your PS4 would beed to be active for our engineers to make any progress, are you able to connect your PS4 today? If not today, please let us know when you can have it connected and active so I can let the engineers know to check at that time.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Hello CMcIntire,

Thank you for your patience while our engineers work to address your concerns. Please try the steps here and let me know if they help.

Looking forward to hearing back.

I'm currently working on trying the UPNP shut down. We did try it previously, but it's worth trying again to make sure. I'm waiting for a friend to set up voice chat as I type this. I can also leave the PS4 running all day as you requested. The friend will keep a voice chat running for me also, if I ask.

Thanks, CMcIntire. Please let me know once UPNP is disabled, WiFi Modem rebooted, and checked if all is well on the PS4.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Well, somehow that fixed it this time around. Thanks so much for your help. Dunno what was different this time from the other several times we tried that, but it worked. I hope it continues to fix it, too.

Awesome, thank you for letting me know, glad to hear it works for you now!