cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage meter javascript error

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Usage meter javascript error

@Vampy 

While your fix may somehow be working for you, it's not for the majority of people who have had the problem and tried your fix, or at least those who have asked for further help.  This is why I requested that the chosen solution be unmarked as such.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

@maratsade wrote:

I've been using a different method that works for me on Windows 10: I open task manager, look for the instance(s) of the meter, end the task(s), close Task Manager, and the meter then opens just fine.  

I've had that work for me a couple of time, but the majority of times it didn't.  Still, I do try that once in a while when it happens.  

It happens often enough that I finally just created a shortcut to the Roaming folder on my desktop.  That way I can simply click the shortcut and delete the HughesNet folder from there.  No changing the folder view and having to go through all the steps to get there.  And that it happens often enough for me to think of creating the shortcut is crazy.  It hasn't happened in a while, though, as I haven't lost power for at least a few months... knock on wood.  Smiley Happy  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

It has worked for me every single time, so far (knock on wood). 

Great idea creating a shortcut to the folder!

Associate Professor

I ended up writing a short article and batch file for this issue, got tired of people complaining about it... Batch file does it for you the fastest, just a quick run as administrator, and it will remove the files for ya.  Really shouldn't even need to run it as an administrator.  File was tested in Win10, have no idea if win7/8 will support it.

New Poster

I have been trying to get that silly thing to work on my iMac for a couple of years or so...

Thank You so very much @MarkJFine and @GabeU for figuring out this solution and posting it... 

Quick and Easy solution to years of frustration...

@DaddyDe 

You're very welcome.  Smiley Happy