Very slow internet over the last several days

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdandria
Freshman

Very slow internet over the last several days

Over the last several days my internet speeds have dropped dramatically. I've rarely had better than 10Mbs but the last few days have seen download speeds between 250K and 1Mbs. It's hard to even use it for E-mail. I tried all the usual suspects, connecting the computer directly to the modem, loose power supply cord, etc but have no luck. My last speed test from Testmy.net is:

Thu Jun 07 2018 @ 12:59:24 pmDallas, TX USarrow3 MB1.75 Mbps 219 kB/s61847143912Hughes Network historyIL0STncXwshare history
Thu Jun 07 2018 @ 12:56:55 pmDallas, TX USarrow25 MB573 kbps 72 kB/s61847143912Hughes Network historyvRP13iMhTshare history
Thu Jun 07 2018 @ 12:47:10 pmDallas, TX USarrow25 MB524 kbps 66 kB/s61847143912Hughes Network history0yuSkC42wshare 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That's an older model that you don't need to send back, thanks for checking!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Liz

Hi jdandria,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I pulled up your account and see you've already called in and had your case escalated. In the meantime, I noticed in your diagnostics that you have Web Acceleration disabled, and this can affect your browsing experience. Please follow these steps to toggle Web Acceleration back on and try those speed tests again. Let us know once you're done so we can check on your testmy.net history.

Here’s how to toggle Web Acceleration:

You should only disable Web Acceleration as a workaround for specific scenarios - more often than not those scenarios involve accessing a specific site.

For optimal speeds please remember to enable Web Acceleration once you have accessed the website in question.

1. Visit the System Control Center (SCC) http://192.168.0.1 in your web-browser.

2. Click the gray "i" icon at the top to go to Advanced Configuration.

3. Click on "Web Acceleration" in the left side menu bar.

4. Click on "Control" under Web Acceleration sub-menu.

5. Click on "Web Acceleration Enabled", this will change to an orange button that says "Web Acceleration Disabled".

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thanks for the reply Liz. The web acceleration was disabled by Hughes custumer support yesterday. He told me he was disabling to see if my download speeds improved (it didn't). I just assumed he would just turn it back on. I turned web acceleration back on this morning and now I'm paitently waiting for tech support to call me back so we can continue troubleshooting. They told me it could take up to 5 days to get back me to continue trying to solve the problem

Thanks for the clarification jdandria. In the meantime I've sent you a newer modem modem since I noticed you were still on the HT1000. Just wanted to be sure you had an updated modem before doing further troubleshooting. Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks so much Liz. As soon as I get it I'll let you know how it goes. Do I just dispose of the old one or do I send it back to Hughes? Joe D'Andria

That's an older model that you don't need to send back, thanks for checking!

Good morning jdandria,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. I hope that new modem has been working well for you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.