cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Data Saver missing...

Re: Video Data Saver missing...

Thanks for the update Steve, I'll let the engineers know. Perhaps they can use your site as part of their current investigation.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

Thank you, the settings showed up on the page today.

It's kinda confusing though. 

It says:

"This setting will automatically stream videos in DVD quality which uses less of your Data. When enabled, you can stream up to 3 times more video."

I watch videos in 144p and 360p. So how is watching videos in 480p uses less data than watching videos in 144p or 360p?

I have a feeling that it's not what I was hoping for, and the Data Saver Info FAQ is not telling what it is really. Is it just not letting a video player play anything in HD? If it is, then it's useless for me, as I never played anything in HD anyways, since I moved out a house with Cable Internet.

Or this Data Saver setting gives more speed post-data cap reaching? I was hoping for something like that.

Professor

The VDS will make any video that's streaming at a higher quality stream at DVD quality.  If it's streaming at less than DVD quality then it won't need to do anything because the quality is already lower. 

Sophomore

I tried it, with and without it, Youtube automatically streams between 320p and 144p, but never 480p and especially not in HD.

It's exactly the same as Gen 4, except a lady told me in another thread that we need to pay about $200 more in the 2nd 12 months. I really hope that at least that can be solved. :-( 

Distinguished Professor III

@stevef 

Being that this thread is more about the Video Data Saver control(s) playing a disappearing act for some, I'd start a new topic concerning the issue you're experiencing with videos not playing very well.  There are a variety of things that can cause this issue.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi Steve,

Our engineers are still investigating the VDS issue, can you please check in with us throughout this week and let us know the status of your VDS settings?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Highlighted

Hi folks, 

We haven't heard any new complaints about the disappearing VDS act since our engineers implemented a fix, so we will consider this resolved. Our engineers really appreciate your help, and it was with your cooperation we were able to get this sorted out. If you have any other concerns, please start a new thread.

Thanks,
Liz