Voice disconnects when receiving an iMessage

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KennyCII
Freshman

Voice disconnects when receiving an iMessage

New 21-day-old customer here.  We just started using our voice service last week (after our previous number was ported over).  I've had several instances where my active call gets disconnected when I receive an iMessage.  Doesn't seem to happen every time I receive an iMessage, but has been fairly consistent in that when it does disconnect the call...I just received an iMessage.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I could not find anything in a forum search. 

***correction-the Mrs. says it happens every time. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi KennyCII,

Got a quick turn around from our engineers on this one, a real fascinating case. I don't know the specifics, but apparently the frequency of the default iMessage tone causes the call to drop. To test, can you please try changing the notification tone for iMessage and let me know if incoming messages still disconnect the call?

Also, do you recall the times during which the iMessages have dropped your calls? This would help our VOIP engineer pinpoint these drops in the logs.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Liz

Good morning KennyCII,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! That sounds odd, never heard of that happening before, thank you for letting us know. Let me send this up to our VOIP folks for their input.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi KennyCII,

Got a quick turn around from our engineers on this one, a real fascinating case. I don't know the specifics, but apparently the frequency of the default iMessage tone causes the call to drop. To test, can you please try changing the notification tone for iMessage and let me know if incoming messages still disconnect the call?

Also, do you recall the times during which the iMessages have dropped your calls? This would help our VOIP engineer pinpoint these drops in the logs.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Interesting...we will test it out and report back.  The calls were dropped wednesday, Oct 4th between 9am and 3pm.  Not alot of voice traffic so it shouldn't be too hard for them to locate.  Interestingly enough, we currently have no inbound/outbound voice capabilities.  It is currently 130pm and this started around 1030am.  Have tried rebooting both devices.  When calling out, I get dial tone but just blank air after.  When calling in it goes straight to Hughesnet voicemail.  

We ended up losing internet connectivity as well. The Mrs. called tech support and got all services back up.

We tested the default iMessage notification sound several times...and it disconnected the call every time. Other notification sounds do not seem to have the same impact.

Hi KennyCII,

Thank you for confirming that the default tone disconnects the call and other tones don't, I've let our VOIP engineer know. Please don't hesitate to drop by the community again if you have any other concerns, we're here to help.