cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mk2
Sophomore

Wi-Fi Boosters and Extenders

Hello,

We just switched from our old Fusion Plan to the Elite plan on the new Jupiter Satellite. This means we went from a HT2000W modem to a HT3000W modem. We have a Hughes WIFI booster the looks like a flat, white plate that worked with the old modem. However, apparently it will not work with the new 3000 modem. Is this true? Do we have to buy a new extender like the Hughes mesh one offered on the "shop" link on HughesNet? Currently, our Wi-Fi signal is not reachable outdoors on the opposite side of our house. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

We received the new Mesh Node extender 2 days after ordering it. ($99 added to our account).  It is installed and working. Wi-Fi Signal strength outside at our generator is about 20% which is just good enough to keep our generator online. This is the same signal strength we had there with the older, Hughes Wi-Fi booster. Now just need to figure what to do with the old booster. 

As promised, done with this thread. Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Remy

mk2,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm glad to hear you were able to get upgraded to the new Hughesne service! The previous extender, which looks like a white disc, is not compatible with the new equipment. I would recommend reaching out to us at 1-866-347-3292, where our team can go over the brand new Mesh Node with you. This device is specific to the HT3000W, and is an upgraded extender! Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Thanks,

Remy

Hello Remy. Thank you for your response. I have ordered the new Mesh Node extender. Once it arrives, if it works as advertised, I will update the community and close this thread. Take care.

Hello,

We received the new Mesh Node extender 2 days after ordering it. ($99 added to our account).  It is installed and working. Wi-Fi Signal strength outside at our generator is about 20% which is just good enough to keep our generator online. This is the same signal strength we had there with the older, Hughes Wi-Fi booster. Now just need to figure what to do with the old booster. 

As promised, done with this thread. Thank you.