Wi-Fi Settings, no Booster

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ann
Freshman

Wi-Fi Settings, no Booster

I forgot what my new password was for administration and did the reboot sequence.  It worked, set me back to “admin”.  I no longer have 4 catagories in the Wi-Fi settings.  Have Home, Advanced Setup, and Administration.  No longer have Booster with subcategories of Network Status, My Devices, LED, Reset, System Information. I no longer see a Wi-Fi Disc fc. I do have HT2000W with R2000 Wi-Fi Repeater.  Did I mess things up or did things change recently?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I got it fixed....Found the setup instructions for Booster and reconnected to the Modem.

good to go. Have all 4 categories back, including #4 Booster. Did not realize the booster wasn't communicating with the modem.  Everything else was working. 

Thank you for your help. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Liz

Hello ann, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! As far as I know, there haven't been any changes to the wifi settings page. Let's make sure we're on the right page, literally. 🙂

FIrst, make sure you're using a computer/device that's connected to your HughesNet network. For a surefire way, connect a PC or laptop to the HughesNet modem using an ethernet cable.

Type 192.168.0.1 or www.systemcontrolcenter.com in your internet browser. This brings up your System Control Center (SCC) where the wifi settings can be accessed.

You should see "Wifi Settings" in the left hand menu, clicking that will let you log into the wifi settings part.

These settings below should be in there; you can expand the Advanced Setup menu to see the full range of wifi settings.

Please let me know if you're still seeing something different after following those steps. If you are, please post a screenshot of your internet browser (including the address bar) so I can assist.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

This is what I get now

[edited by mod to protect privacy]

This is what I use to have

I got it fixed....Found the setup instructions for Booster and reconnected to the Modem.

good to go. Have all 4 categories back, including #4 Booster. Did not realize the booster wasn't communicating with the modem.  Everything else was working. 

Thank you for your help. 

Aha! Thank you for letting me know how you fixed it. Glad it's back to normal! Drop on by the community again if you have any other concerns.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hello ann!

Thank you for the screenshots, this helps a lot. If you click on advanced setup or administration in the left menu, are the booster settings under either option?

If not, please let me know if this works for you, it's a page for your booster settings: http://myhughesdevice.home/login.htm

The default password is also "admin".

Looking forward to hearing back.

-Liz

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@ann 

You should edit the SAN out of the two snapshots in which its showing. Your SAN is private information that shouldn't be posted in public.

For reference, you can edit your posts by clicking on the three vertical dots on the upper right.