WiFi password

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Parough3
Freshman

WiFi password

Trying to reset my Modem,Admin doesn’t work, says invalid. I’ve tried my previous one, but same thing. How do I reset it then?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Did you try admin, all lowercase?

View solution in original post

GabeU

@Parough3 

If "admin" (without the quotes and all lowercase) doesn't work, you can reset the modem using the following instructions.  This procedure will also reset the WiFi password(s) back to factory default (on sticker on back of modem).

How to reset to factory settings

1. On the back of the HT2000W (right under the white label), there is a ‘Reset’ button.
  2. Use a paper clip (or some small/thin object to insert in the hole)
  3. Insert the paper clip, press the button one time and release (DO NOT hold the button down for any length of time.  Only press and release)
  4. Press the WPS button on the front of the HT2000W (you may need to press this button pretty hard to get it to engage)
  5. After the lights on the HT2000W are back on, login using the password on the back of the modem. (Refer to the User Guide for appropriate modem lights)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade

Did you try admin, all lowercase?

GabeU

@Parough3 

If "admin" (without the quotes and all lowercase) doesn't work, you can reset the modem using the following instructions.  This procedure will also reset the WiFi password(s) back to factory default (on sticker on back of modem).

How to reset to factory settings

1. On the back of the HT2000W (right under the white label), there is a ‘Reset’ button.
  2. Use a paper clip (or some small/thin object to insert in the hole)
  3. Insert the paper clip, press the button one time and release (DO NOT hold the button down for any length of time.  Only press and release)
  4. Press the WPS button on the front of the HT2000W (you may need to press this button pretty hard to get it to engage)
  5. After the lights on the HT2000W are back on, login using the password on the back of the modem. (Refer to the User Guide for appropriate modem lights)
Liz

Good morning Parough3,

Hopefully you've been able to access your wifi settings using maratsade and Gabe's advice. Feel free to drop by again if you still have concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!