Wifi drop out

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sepmeier
Sophomore

Wifi drop out

Over the past few days my Hughesnet wifi - both 2 and 5 gigs - has been shutting off / dropping out for 30 seconds - then coming back.

No obvious relationship with the high speed data plan being full or empty.

The wifi light goes out while the wifi RF is down.

I have unplugged and rebooted the indoor unit / wifi ... no affect.

Diagnostic Code: 0051-2005-1200-5126. - Yes, we are throttled right now but it doesn’t seem the matter - it does it on full speed as well.

Ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hi sepmeier, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'm sending you a new modem to swap out. You can use the box it comes in to send back your old modem; there should be a return label in the outer pouch. Let me know how the new modem works out for you!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@sepmeier 

In the off chance that you don't normally do so, please be sure to keep your modem plugged in so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on it if they deem it necessary.  They also may need some personal information from you in order to locate your account, but they'll ask for it to be given via private message, for which they normally provide a link.  

Also, at least for the time being, it would be best to not power cycle or reboot the modem, as this will wipe system logs that may be important in determining the cause of the issue.  

Hopefully you'll see a reply from a rep soon.

Liz

Hi sepmeier, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'm sending you a new modem to swap out. You can use the box it comes in to send back your old modem; there should be a return label in the outer pouch. Let me know how the new modem works out for you!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

sepmeier
Sophomore

Liz, thank you! I emailed you my address, though you should have it on file. Thanks again!

Hi sepmeier,

Just checking in, how's the new modem working out for you?

-Liz

Simple to install, and the dropout is solved. I’ll get the old one into ups today. Thanks!

Awesome, glad to hear it, thanks sepmeier!

-Liz