Work site still blocked

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Six60street
Freshman

Work site still blocked

So the saga continues , last Sept. to this Jan hn worked great , now after modem after modem and tech inspection ,6 months later they finally say nothing they can do,.........so i can not use this system for my work. here we are in 2024 with allllllllllllllllllll this knowledge and yet still broken. im having to use my phone for a hotspot to gain access to my work. the lack of communication is one of the biggest problems, to worried about  howed we do......................very frustrated to say the least

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Can you use a VPN to see if you can get around whatever the problem is? 

If you don't have one and don't want to spend money on one, ProtonVPN has a free version that works great. Granted, I know using a VPN with HughesNet can cause speed issues.

Tech came out and tried everything, new modem, reset , he verified its a HN problem and basically said it cant be fixed. so i guess im stuck in a contract with a product i can not use as it was delivered to me in performance description when i made agreement to purchace

maratsade

"so i guess im stuck in a contract with a product i can not use"

You're not stuck at all.  There are solutions, but now your best bet is to wait for one of the HN reps here to see your posts and get involved, and hopefully they will do soon today.  @Damian , @Remy , @Amanda , @Liz 

You can also connect with the reps using social media -- I believe they are on Facebook and X. 

GabeU

Did the tech try a VPN?