Hughesnet Community

connection timeout errors

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cooljul

connection timeout errors

since about March 30, 2020, I have been unable to watch videos on my WIndows desktop system. Happens with facebook, youtube, and dropbox. I get an error message that says: 

This site can’t be reached

youtu.be took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_TIMED_OUT

Restarting my modem does not help.

The HughesNet connectivity test says: 

IP GatewayAMA19HNSIGW0102Packet Loss0%Average Delay835 msMinimum Delay570 msMaximum Delay1,840 ms  You have good connectivity to the gateway.

I am not aware of any changes that have been made to my software for the past few weeks. 

How can I troubleshoot this? HughesNet tech support is not available by telephone now due to COVID-19. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hi cooljul,

Thanks for reaching out and providing us details. As Gabe noted, our engineers were working on this and have already addressed this concern with YouTube (and Netflix). If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post again in the community.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@cooljul 

There's a known issue right now affecting those services.  The HughesNet engineers are aware of the issue and are working on it.

Liz

Hi cooljul,

Thanks for reaching out and providing us details. As Gabe noted, our engineers were working on this and have already addressed this concern with YouTube (and Netflix). If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post again in the community.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!