no internet for cell phone

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elderberry
New Poster

no internet for cell phone

I signed up for Hughesnet 2 days ago.  My desktop and laptop get with the wifi and internet and work just fine.  My MotoE phones will get on the network, but it says "No Internet" every single time.  i have talked to the cell company.  it is not them.  Motorola has suggested that the carrier has me "locked out" from the cell phones?  Hughes Tech Support has told me to wait 24 hours for the issue to resolve by itself, which it has not done.  what can i do to fix this.  i live in a sorry place for cell signal and need wifi-enabled calling to make any kind of phone call from home.  i have been with Verizon in the past but the service here has gone from bad to worse.  im in a bad way for phone service

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Elderberry 

Unfortunately, WiFi Calling is not supported with HughesNet.  People can sometimes get it to work, but there are no guarantees that this will be the case.  

HughesNet does offer their own Voice service, however, which works with regular phones (corded and cordless).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade

Do you have HughesNet voice?

GabeU

@Elderberry 

Unfortunately, WiFi Calling is not supported with HughesNet.  People can sometimes get it to work, but there are no guarantees that this will be the case.  

HughesNet does offer their own Voice service, however, which works with regular phones (corded and cordless).