cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrotar
New Poster

upgrade between gen4 offers

Hi

we have gen4 the 59 dollars plan since is just a vacation home, now with the need to work from home I need more speed but I do not want to enter into a new contract. How to I upgrade to a better speed without having to enter into a new plan? Mention that our billing date was 03/08/2020

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@mrotar 

After you've signed into the HughesNet MyAccount site, hover over Shop/Upgrade and click on Plans & Pricing to see what Gen4 plans are available to you.  With that said, I can't remember if all Gen4 plans now offer the same speed or not.  What's available to you should indicate whether it offers higher speed.  Upgrading to a new Gen4 plan level wouldn't start a new 24 month commitment as it requires no change of dish or equipment.

With this said, if your only option is to upgrade to Gen5, that will require a new 24 month commitment.  

Keep in mind, though, that with the continually increasing stress on the system due to more and more people being home, speeds are likely to go down, regardless.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@mrotar 

After you've signed into the HughesNet MyAccount site, hover over Shop/Upgrade and click on Plans & Pricing to see what Gen4 plans are available to you.  With that said, I can't remember if all Gen4 plans now offer the same speed or not.  What's available to you should indicate whether it offers higher speed.  Upgrading to a new Gen4 plan level wouldn't start a new 24 month commitment as it requires no change of dish or equipment.

With this said, if your only option is to upgrade to Gen5, that will require a new 24 month commitment.  

Keep in mind, though, that with the continually increasing stress on the system due to more and more people being home, speeds are likely to go down, regardless.