Hughesnet Community

Gen 5 and wireless printers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
learning

Gen 5 and wireless printers

Gen 5 is WPS (Wi-Fi protected....I tried for days ...and searched online...basically all I had to do is push wireless on my HP printer and push the WPS button on the Gen 5 modem ... I did this a few times in a row and it took the printer so now I can use it wireless once again...I am happy I figured out how to succeed at this task

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@john4253 wrote:

I have tried several time to connect my HP printer using the WPS button. Any suggestions?

I don't know if this will help, but some of the HT2000W modems have "touchy" WPS buttons.  Are you sure it's engaging when you press it?  Though I don't have anything that connects using the WPS button, I have to press it with considerable pressure to get the inside button to actually depress.  But, of course, be careful, as you don't want to press it TOO hard and break it.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ronbo

Thanks dude.... I only wasted 3 hrs before I found your post. After 20 years of setting up printers who would guess you can only do it with the automagic button? 

john4253
New Poster

I have tried several time to connect my HP printer using the WPS button. Any suggestions?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@john4253 wrote:

I don't know if this will help, but some of the HT2000W modems have "touchy" WPS buttons.  Are you sure it's engaging when you press it?  Though I don't have anything that connects using the WPS button, I have to press it with considerable pressure to get the inside button to actually depress.  But, of course, be careful, as you don't want to press it TOO hard and break it.