cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Main Router Discussion Topic

Highlighted

Re: The Main Router Discussion Topic

I have DTV but only due to my Wife likes some of the channels like VH1 MTV Bravo and others.  So I have one receiver for her and I just use OTA myself.  Now I do admit on Monday night she will let me watch Street Outlaws without griping to much.  I also watch Fox News Channel in the morning and at 18:00 for Greta. 
Highlighted

So were back on topic my Wife allows me to be routed into the living room once a week and for an hour every night.
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Poor Alan's well thought out post has been derailed and re-railed more times than a HO Gauge train set (and by his fellow Hughes regulars too)

I watch very little TV myself.

Paying all that $$$ to DTV as wife is addicted to the western and mystery channels.

Oh well, as long as the Internet works, I'm good.

Highlighted

that was not a derail ,   this is a two train collision !!!  sgoshe i really don't either of them two trains righting their selves !!!!!
Highlighted

Having done a speed test today (19446 down, 674 up) and not having visited here for a while, in looking at this thread was surprised to learn of the HT1100's built-in "LAN Speed Test" which I'd never noticed before. OK so I run it for grins and it says 56Mbps which sounds right, but then I click on it again and it comes-up as 0.0 Mbps. Hmmm so I switch off'n Firefox and try IE11 and it too now says 0.0 Mbps, as though I broke something in the HT1100. Clearly everything is still working, I can surf OK. So how'd I break the LAN Speed Test? What does the (apparently) 5-step LAN Speed Test actually do? Usually speed tests require another bit of software on the other end of the cable to work properly.

Any ideas?
Highlighted

you did not break nothing  !!!you already know    192.168.0.1 in the address bar
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

If I recall correctly it is due to some java issues.

The test checks your LAN side connection speed (computer>router>modem) not your connection speed from the modem>satellite>gateway server.

Highlighted
New Poster

your Java probably updated from version 7 to version 8, its a well known issue but no one seems to care about fixing it
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Christopher,

GetSatMan was referring to this test in the modems advanced pages:

I have java 8 installed on this computer hence the 0.0 Mbps result. If I do this from one of my older machines that have not updated java it work.

The purpose of the test is to ensure there are no network "choke points" on the customers LAN side of the network effecting throughput.

Nearly anything from a computers NIC card to a cable to a software firewall to network settings can affect the numbers.

None of those items are directly Hughes "related" but can affect performance.

Highlighted

Oh, okay -learning